Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Yes, it's a game

 So yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my dad's death.  I only remember this because Facebook memories reminded me.  whew...  

Yesterday I also got the weed whacker going and trimmed up all around the house and garden area.  Still lots to do in the actual flower beds from last year and the winter... But I've got a huge Atta Girl list and it's on it.

ALSO yesterday...  I left around lunch time to go get my hair cut.  My hairdresser is a lot of fun to talk to and last time I forgot to mention that I like my bangs cut RIGHT at the eyebrows or else I look 12.  So she cut them too short.  I also forgot to mention that I didn't want the sides tapered down, because when I wear my hair in a pony tail, which I do a majority of the time, the side pieces stick up weird.  But we had been talking about a ton of things and I'd forgotten to tell her.  So THIS time I told her right off the bat and then we commenced to talking about every little thing.

After my cut, I stopped by the bank and opened a safety deposit box.  We used to have one then the bank moved and asked everyone to clear out their boxes until they were in their new place.  The precious forms sat in Robb's office desk drawer for a couple years and along with his death cert and other valuable items that I don't want lost, are now saved there.  I've made it so that my kids can get into it should I die.  Well, for now, only one of them that has an account there.  Gotta look out for any future problems...

ANYWAY, on my way back to my town, I always drive by the cemetery.  It's right on the way.  And I always look over to Robb's grave.  I saw his dad's stone and a black one on the other side of it!

WHA???!!!!

I whipped into the last drive way of the cemetery, narrowly missing a woman who was on a walk thinking, "who walks around a cemetery??!"  no wait.  I do a lot these days...  But I drove around and back and Robb's headstone is in place!!!  In the mere hour I was gone!  Wow they're fast!

I posted a pic of it on our personal family FB group.  Meri hadn't seen it yet, but a little bit later, she called me crying.  She was driving by too and noticed it was there so she stopped also.  Her best friend's dad had done the engraving on it so she felt even more emotionally attached.

The stone turned out more beautiful than I'd imagined.  I showed a pic to my sisters and asked them to not point out any typos that they might find.  They took that as a challenge and thought there WAS one.

Um, is Maddy spelled wrong?  Should it be Robbert?  NOO!!  I didn't see anything wrong, but wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything in my proofing of the stone.

The only thing missing is my death date.  And while I hope it's a long ways off, for my kids sake, I anticipate the day I get to see Robb and my other much loved ones again.

Also yesterday, Meri, Leon and I went and saw the Godzilla vs Kong movie.  It was good.  Lots of action and cities being destroyed by overgrown lizards.  

Made me want to play the video game Rampage. 

And the game of Life is not up yet.  I have hope.

4 comments:

SAM said...

It is a stunning stone-very respectfully done.

slugmama said...

Very nice headstone. The bagpiper and needle and thread are charming additions. 8-)
I hope for all of us that love you your dates get filled in many, many years from now.

Rachel said...

Beautiful stone.

Practical Parsimony said...

In times past people had large picnics or small in cemeteries and not because they were visiting graves. I love the headstone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails