Monday, January 24, 2022

I Broke the Internet

 On Saturday, I finally completed attaching the skirt to the bodice for the sample wedding dress. The actual dress will be white and sparkly.  It took a solid afternoon LAST weekend to figure out what I was supposed to do with all the skirt ovals.  

OHHHHHHHH!!!! After I reread the instructions 3 times outloud...

So I sent this pic to Meri and Maddy.  Meri sent it off to the bride immediately and arranged for the bride to come over that night to try it on.  That didn't happen.  She wasn't available so it will sometime this week.

I also posted it on FB group for the independent pattern maker (Violette Field Threads Patterns) where I was finally able to find a pattern for the style that the bride wanted.  The name of the pattern is Abriella in case you want something similar.  It's a preteen size, but that doesn't matter for the skirt.  No preteen's parent will let them wear a bodice like this anyway.  I made up my own pattern for that. The dress still needs a zipper, built in bra and more structure.

And don't you love the male mannequin I used?  I don't have a female one that small and his pecs really aren't doing much for the bust. The bride is petite and has a bust.

ANYWAY... The post blew up that FB group and I have just over 700 reactions to it and about 50 comments.  WOW That was good for my ego...  Maybe TOO good...  So I'm sharing it here too.

Ryan was so jealous, because his specialized gaming posts on FB never get more than 10.  I keep letting him know when another 100 react...  I'm mean that way.  He just needs to learn to sew...  Sewists are some of the friendliest people I know.

Well, besides bloggers.

3 comments:

JRE said...

Absolutely beautiful! And I had to laugh about the comment about the bodice and teenagers. My daughter took her 14 and 16 year old shopping in the city for snowball dresses. Letting know the hoochie styles were not going to happen repeatedly stating “not appropriate” and hearing why? Why?. Ha! Said still a little skimpy but most of the styles were. (But that bodice above a no! For that age ha!)

Anne in the kitchen said...

That dress is fantastic! I think after you finish it (since it is a trial dress) you should try and sell it!

SAM said...

It is very unique and I'll love to see the finished wedding dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails