Friday, January 21, 2022

Frandom Friday!!!

 Whew what a week!  Work has been NON STOP all morning and I need a bit of break.

Blogging is my water cooler chit chat.

I suppose you all heard by now that Meatloaf died today.  What a shame! What a voice! Paradise by the Dashboard lights has always been a favorite of ours.  Not that we were promiscuous!!  But Robb thought that the "So now I'm praying for the end of time" part should be played on the electric piano REALLY SUPER slow during our recessional at our wedding so no one would know but us.  I didn't think my aunt Dorcas would agree to that and didn't think to white out the title and words...  So I vetoed his idea.

Looking back now, I really should have agreed to it. :)  Boy was I was stick in the mud!  I was PRETTY sure he was joking...

He always said celebrities die in threes.  Not sure how scientific that is, but it just so happens...  First Betty, then that guy from Full House, now Meatloaf.  I hope deaths take a break for a while.  Whoops - JUST heard that Louie Anderson just died too... cripes.

Ryan just came out to my office to announce his death and there were tears in his eyes as he remembered the wedding story.  He's playing it inside to honor Meatloaf today.

I stopped by the cemetery yesterday but didn't get out of the car.  If Robb could hear me if I sat next to the stone, he could gosh darn hear me from the car too.  The temp this morning was -17 when I woke up. YEP!...  I'm not getting out of the car.

Was planning on going to the nursing home today for my bestie's birthday but found out that it's been on a "sort of" lockdown.  Visitors are NOT encouraged to come in due to Covid in her wing. DANG!  I just got OFF quarantine and now she's IN it.  And I'm not going to visit with her from outside her window, because -17.  Well, it's only -2 right now, a veritable tropical heat wave...  But I'm still not going to stand in the 3 foot drift outside her window.  We'll talk tho.  and I'll drop off her present of Hawaii Five-O dvds and Patrick Swayze movies that she hasn't seen.  

She's a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan but has exhausted all the WOZ memorabilia that one person can legally own.  So I also knew she loved Hawaii and the old series. She'd never seen the new FIVE-O so I got her the first season of both the old and the new.  She can compare them.

AND she was a HUGE fan of Patrick Swayze also but hadn't seen a bunch of his movies.  She mostly loved him in North and South, Dirty Dancing a couple others but not these.  I had IMDB open one day when visiting her and went down his whole list of movies. OOH No I never heard of that one!. Ohhhh that one sounds interesting!  So I heated up Ebay and got all the ones she'd sounded interested in.  So she'll have time without any company to just binge watch his whole repertoire.   I gave her a couple at Christmastime and saved the rest for her birthday.

I hope she likes them.

Her son and I must have been on the same wave length this year, because he got her this pillow for Christmas.  


Ok, I need to be done at the water cooler. Work is yelling at me from "down the hall" or rather "Instant Messenger"...  Stay warm people!!!!

3 comments:

SAM said...

It was biting cold the last two days here as well. I think Robb heard you-smart move.

JRE said...

Oh I forgot about North South, loved it! Will have to look for that again.

msprimadonna67 said...

I just don't think I could handle living in your weather. I get cold when it dips below 50 here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails