Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Who's Laughing Now?

We had Taco Tuesday last night!!!  It was so great to see Maddy and Matthew again!  I haven't seen them in person since before my quarantine about 3.5 weeks ago.

Jen baked some seasoned fish and I pureed up a can of chipotle peppers for her to add to some mayo, sour cream and other secret ingredients because I don't remember all she threw in there.  Oh my that was good for fish tacos!!  And it went fast.

I also made some spicy refried bean and had beef taco meat in the crockpot and all the fixings, thanks to the rest of my family!  The fish was the winner last night so there is plenty of beef left and that is OK!  Knowing my son, as I do, it will get eaten up fast.  He could eat tacos for every meal and 2nd meals in between.

Dylan, our renter, asked me about Wordle yesterday morning.  He'd seen everyone bragging about their word guessing smarts on FB and wondered what it was.  I explained it to him, because I just discovered it within the last week or so myself.  

There is one puzzle a day and only 6 tries to find the right word.  Example.

guess 1:  F R I E D         < lets say the R turns yellow and the E turns green.  That means the R is in the word somewhere else and the E is in the right position of the word.

guess 2: L A G E R     < E and R are both green. 

guess 3:   A F T E R          < ER is green, F is yellow

guess 4:   R E F E R       < bing bing bing!  You got it in only 4 tries!

So anyway, WORDLE is the puzzle of the day and it is super popular right now.

After dinner, we raced on the historic WORDLE puzzles from a year ago to see who could finish theirs first.  Meri's bf Ryan is very good at it!  As is she.  That must be how they spend all their dates...

Anyway, Dylan gave me a puzzle and said he'd like to see if I could figure it out.  So after I got stuck on the zeros, ones and eights, I made a new rough draft and printed out enough copies for everyone for last night.  

Robb would have loved this.  He was a math wizard!

We all sweated over it before, during and after dinner and actually came up with solutions for all of them!!  I'm so glad Matthew was a MATHLETE in high school!


Aren't we a smart bunch?!  I can't find the word S W E A R in WORDLE but I can certainly find the square root of a number!

The teachers didn't know what they were saying when they said we wouldn't always have a calculator in our hands when we're adults. HA!  Yes ma'am, we will...         

2 comments:

SAM said...

And you will all keep your smarts as don't they say puzzles keep our brains young? Not being a fish eater, I've never seen the appeal of fish tacos, but I can guarantee my husband and son would have gobbled those up.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Love fish tacos and now I need to know Jen's secret ingredients!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails