Thursday, January 27, 2022

The Latest

Maddy and Matthew's furnace went out yesterday.  Actually the night before and they woke up to a 50 degree apartment.  BURRR!  Maddy and her pups came over and hung out at my house while they waited for the maintenance guy to fix it.  It was into the evening before heat was pumping into their place again.
  
It was so nice spending some time with her and the "girls".  Meri popped over and watched Knives Out with her.  CLASSIC!!!
Matthew was working so I didn't get to see him.


I'm working on getting a widow group together at a library conference room in the next couple weeks.  So far just 4 of us but it could grow.  It will be good to get to know these women better!  And just visit and talk with them.

Anyway, the bride is coming here around lunch time to try on the dress.  I need to use my morning break to put that pesky zipper in!!!

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

SAM said...

I hope your group is a go. My niece who lost her husband four years ago has really been supported by her young widows group.

JRE said...

I wish I would have had that 25 years ago. I tried one a few times and everyone was in their 70’a about. Just couldn’t connect with being 41 with 4 kids at home one starting kindergarten.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails