Thursday, August 3, 2023

Needing a Baby Fix

Baby Aggie fix for the day! :) I haven't seen her at all today.  It's been a busy one.  But her mama sent me pic of what she's up to.


On Sunday afternoon, Leon's other family celebrated his younger brother's 8th birthday and he wanted me to join them.  They had a party at a hotel that had an arcade as well as a water park.  A lot of fun!

 I hung out with the twins, making sure they didn't try to jump into the deep end or go head first down the pirate slide.

Nova was especially dangerous.


With her twin, a close 2nd. Whew!  The lifeguard did NOT understand that a 3 year old couldn't follow directions around the ropes. Um... he's 3. and stubborn.


After the party and all the kids and their mom were up in their hotel room enjoying pizza, I went over to my mother-in-law's and stayed over on her couch.  We had a very nice time and I had breakfast with her in the cafeteria the next morning before going back to the hotel to help them load cars and bring Leon back home.


I was looking for a new FB profile pic.  What do you think about this one?
I went through all my BeReal photos and came across this one.  Not sure...


I took Meri's cat, Ranch, to the vet yesterday.  He's so curious!


and tall!


Then Vacation Bible School for the evening.  Tonight is our last night of it this year.  The kids have been excited all the way through and last night I got burned really good (bad) with the hot glue gun.  It's being packed away and let them use tape, darn it!

It took 4 freezer pops held tightly to get through the rest of the evening and to get home.  I only ate one.
Then took 2 Aleve as soon as I got home, holding ice onto the fingers until they kicked in.
Today isn't bad at all but the blister on my pinky is very large and tight.  Whew!  I can still type, but do I want to? Not really.


OK - the work day is mostly done and I need to pick up the stuff for tie dying tonight!
Seems less dangerous...  Maybe I should wear a hazmat suit for safety though.

1 comment:

Practical Parsimony said...

Your blisters made me hurt! I always had a glass of something cold nearby, so I dunked my burns from the hot glue gun into whatever was nearby and always full of ice--Coke, iced tea, water. Then, I would go sit in my rocker, rock myself and whimper.
About the time I was out of the hotgluing stage, I heard there were cold glue guns. I never got one, though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails