Friday, August 4, 2023

VBS, Barbies and more damage to my hands

 I usually have my laptop with me at Biolife and stream shows but today I forgot it in the car when I went in.  So all I had was my phone.  

I had noticed yesterday that my phone only had 21 GB left on it out of 128 GB.  Yikes!    This coming from a woman whose first computer only had a 10 MB hard drive...  I've gotten soft.

So I spent the hour going through videos and photos on my phone, cleaning out duplicates and just dumb stuff.  How many memes and funny things do I REALLY need?  I gained a gigabyte!  I should probably download them to my computer and external hard drive some day.  And I will! Just not yet.

I'll be taking off soon to go be my ex-dil's ride to her surgery.  I'll be spending the day in the hospital waiting room or cafeteria, working on my laptop.  Fun times!!!  I'm going to do the cafeteria I think.  More food.

Speaking of food, I need to quit eating it.  so much...  I really need to jump back on the dieting wagon and get rid of some of this weight I've been loathe to let go.  I'm trying!  But it's been VBS week here and every evening has been fast food before church.  I typically have errands to run beforehand so right after work, Leon and I head to town for those errands and a quick bite before VBS.  

This was our project from VBS last night.  

We tie-dyed flour tea towels and it was a rip roaring mess!  I hope the parents forgive me!  "wear the gloves!" *they pull them off* "don't touch your skin with your gloves!" *they touch their face and scratch their heads*  "don't touch your clothes!" *a pair of shorts, jeans and a white shirt were touched*  sigh...  And the ground will correct itself as the grass grows.


But the kids all had a great time, learned some lessons from the Bible and some new songs. It was a success!

Leon, his best friends and my towel are in the washer now and my hands still look I just colored Easter eggs.

I made pickles from the cukes in my garden yesterday early.  I used a new recipe that someone on a canning site mentioned and it appears to have worked out nicely, but I don't want to try them out for a couple weeks.  

As soon as I know if it's worked, I'll post the recipe here. *crossing fingers*

The local library is putting up a Barbie display. Guess who has Barbie stuff up the wazoo?!  ME!  My kids possessed the Barbie mansion, which I can't find a photo of in my phone or on the blog...  We own the Barbie airplane and little red convertible.  And the real, working Barbie jeep!  I'm not going to loan them the jeep, but I am the mansion, airplane and convertible.  I'll run the plane up before I leave town today.  She promised that no one would be playing with them, it's just for display.  :) yeah right.  These toys are very played with already so one more kid isn't going to hurt it, but it would be nice to have them last another generation of girls.  Maybe Agnes will be into them!

Well, I better get my ducks in a row before I leave for the day.  Have a glorious weekend!

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I am glad you are not lending out all your barbie toys. I would treasure those. What is wrong with your hands?

Kathy said...

Sounds like a busy week. I'm sure the kids had a great time at bible school. Hope your burnt fingers are healing.
Oh I loved playing with barbies. I still have my barbie townhouse, airplane, another house and tent plus all my barbies and clothes. My daughter was never into barbies, but maybe I will have a grand daughter to play with one day. :)
Hope you have a good week with lots of baby snuggles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails