Thursday, August 17, 2023

Off with her head!

 I got a call from Leon's mom Tuesday that Leon said he was ready for a haircut!!!!

I suggested to get him to Great Clips right away before he changed his mind!
again.

She got him there and here is the before.  He hates brushing his hair but insisted on long hair.  I think he was envisioning his hair to be like an anime hero.


And here is my gorgeous grandson with his new doo!
He's going to be so happy with that!


I canned 12 jars of pickles yesterday morning and am SICK of it!! I looked into other options.  Found where you can make cucumber chips by slicing them thin (I've learned... it's supposed to be thicker than this), tossing them with oil (1 tsp), apple cider vinegar (2 tsp) and salt (1 tsp) and putting them in the food dehydrator for 4-8 hours.
Let them cool (or not) and they taste good on their own or dipped.  I used ranch.
REALLY good!  I actually bought more racks so I can make more at a single time.


And THEN for "the dumb thing I did" award.
I went out to mow the yard over my lunch yesterday and as I started out under the deck, I accidentally raised my head too soon and smacked the top of my head onto the edge of the deck. YIKES!

I stopped right away and headed inside.  I've seen enough 9-1-1 episodes to know that this means a concussion or a brain bleed or Typhoid. 

After he quizzed me on all the major birth dates of everyone in the family 
and seeing if I cooked my "9"s,

 
Ryan helped me find the ice pack and after taking the obligatory photo, I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch.


I rented "The Deep" with Jacqueline Bisset and Nick Nolte for $.75 and held Aggie for over an hour while she napped.



Being a grandma is the best!  When she started fussing, I handed her off to her parents and went to bed.

About to "head" out now and finish mowing.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Leon's hair looks great. He is such a handsome boy!
Ouch for your head. I do that often and whack my head getting into the car. I fear a brain bleed. That is so nice to get to hold a tiny baby for an hour. And, so nice to hand the baby off when it fusses.

Kathy said...

Hope your head feels better! That had to be painful.
Leon looks great!
Thanks for the tip on cukes; I wouldn't have thought of dehydrating them.
Baby girl is precious. Hope you have a good weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails