Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Fairly Busy

 Well, I was hoping to start blogging every day but there has been a gap apparently...

When Leon did his online school Iowa Tests of Basic Skills this past spring, he met up with this girl and they have become BEST friends.  Her mom and I arranged play dates for them at their house or ours and Leon is super goofy with her around.

Reminds me of a little red haired girl in kindergarten that he was the same way with.  The teachers had to split them up because Zoe made poor decisions when they hung out too much. :)

So anyway, she is moving to another state day after tomorrow.  Leon was crushed at first but they've got plans to video chat and I guess we'll be planning a trip to see them in the next 6 months or so.

Leon is going to brick and mortar school this fall at his mom's, 45 minutes away.  WE were crushed at first, but we get him for all the fun times on the weekends.  We'll see how this plays out.

Last Wednesday, I met my favorite cousin for our 6 month date at Zombie Burger in Des Moines!  It's not exactly half way between us, closer to me, but it's delicious and we'll do it again in January.



Getting lots of baby time in!  SURELY you two need a little break for an hour or so!!  I'LL take her off your hands!!!  So she's mine until she gets too fussy and starts trying to suck the skin off my arm.  Then BACK to Mommy or Daddy! 


Being a Grandma is the BOMB!
I've only changed her diaper once!!


On Friday night, some church friends and myself went to a bar!  I had my first Long Island iced tea since probably college.  Another church friend that does the church computer stuff, plays the saxophone in a local jazz band and we surprised him by showing up to support them.  It was great!
However I didn't get to sleep until 2 hours or so past my usual bed time.

That Sunday, we all wore black sunglasses into church to pick on him a little.  He was amused!

Also on Sunday, after church, Andrew (FES), Leon, Meri, (bf) Ryan and I went to the State fair!  It was supposed to be an all day rainy event so I stocked up on ponchos and umbrellas for everyone and insisted Leon wear long pants along with me. 

BIG mistake...  The sun came out and it turned out to be a very beautiful day!  Thankfully I was able to pick up a backpack at the Varied Industries building for free and stuck them all in.

My porch goose, corn tuxedo did NOT win a ribbon and I just realized I forgot to snap a pic of either project while we were there!  BUT the quicky little dress that I made, with all the mistakes on it, won 2nd place ribbon in the girl dress section!  Whew!  I thought they would disqualify it!

So much fair food, so much walking.  My step counter was almost to 10k steps and Andrew's was at 14k.  Different brands of watches I guess!

I treated Leon to two carnival rides as well the obligatory Bumper Cars ride on the way out of the fairgrounds.




AND to round out my morning blog, here is Aggie and her buddy, the sloth.


Lots to do, people to see!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You have been busy! Such a sweet baby girl!
Hope that Leon likes his new school, and I'm sorry about his friend moving away. Congratulations on winning the ribbon at the fair for the girly dress, and I think your corn tuxedo goose was so cute.
Hope you have a great week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails