Friday, August 25, 2023

School, Babies and more

 Leon is loving school so far!  The first day, he made 5 new friends, only remembering the names of two of them.  He called me after school and gave me the low down.

and get this...

There is NO homework in Middle School!!!  *really?* I gasp.  Nope, they give you enough time to get your work done in school.  *no study halls?* Nope - just home room.  And if you don't get enough time to finish it at school, you take it home to complete it. *um, that's homework.*

and yeah... you're going to have some...

Anyway, there was a heatwave in Iowa the 2nd day of school and they got out early. So, so far, he's having a wonderful time!

And yes Kathy, he has a cheeseburger backpack.  Seems like a lot of pockets to lose things in, but he'd picked it out and his mom obliged.

Wouldn't you just know it?  His first open house and it's the same night that I'll be at a Rick Springfield concert with my sisters!!  Oh well.  Ryan is going and will let me know all about it.

Practical Parsimony - Your suggestion on the porch goose costume is duly noted!  I'm in the middle of watching North and South and that idea would be perfect!!!  Will keep my eyes open for something Madelyn or Brett would wear and go with it.  Ashton's Southern Belle outfits are JUST too sleazy.

My baby photo dump for the last couple days.  I didn't realize how much cat hair and general lint is on my shirt! sigh.  But her hand is exquisite!  Piano playing hands...


She got to sleep on me yesterday and I loved every second of it.  I watched a virtual movie with my bestie who moved to the east coast and Aggie got to be with me for most of it. 


If I didn't explain a virtual movie, it's when Julie and I are both on our phones, streaming a movie at the same time.  It's difficult to line them up right so sometimes you get an echo, but it's a good second to watching them together in person.  And we talk a lot, for example, last night we watched Vertical Limit and most of it, we're gasping a lot and saying "NOPE! I will NEVER mountain climb!" 
If you want a cling to the edge of your seat movie, that is the one. *burrrrr*

Meri is still on vacation and sending wonderful pictures of their time away.  The three of us had a video chat on Wednesday and she showed me the property around the yurt that they're renting.  I think they're hitting the Grand Canyon today.


And Reedus and I are becoming buds.  He wears a cone when we're not going to be with him for a period of time, but even a trip to the bathroom can give him enough time to do damage.  I don't have the time to put the cone on him for that! yikes!  Come on in the bathroom with me so I can keep an eye on you Reedus!!


Have a wonderful weekend!  There are a couple garage sales that I feel like I need to hit tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers for a dehydrator!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the baby pictures! So so sweet!
So glad that Leon is enjoying school and making friends. Funny about the homework.
Sounds like Meri is having a wonderful trip. How fun to stay in a yurt. I love camping, but think I am getting too old for the nightly trek to the bathroom, but glamping wouldn't be too bad. Safe travels for her, and I hope she has lots of wonderful memories.
Have a great week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails