Wednesday, August 23, 2023

First Day of 6th grade

It's the first day of school for Leon!!  6th grade!  I remember when he was in 2nd and then Covid hit...  He's been doing online school since then, so 3 years worth.  THIS year, he's going to a brick and mortar school and looking to make friends and obey teachers instead of parents.


I'm here to chew gum and kick ... and I'm all out of chewing gum!


Oh my goodness!  I googled that quote and found that it's from that 80s movie They Live!!  Rowdy Roddy Piper said it.  That's going to be one of the Fathom movies showing on the big screen soon!!  I'm SO going!  I loved that movie.  Of course, I'm sure it'll come off as super cheesy now.  Oh well.
I'll never turn down an excuse for popcorn.

I hope he has a wonderful year and makes some friends.  I can't wait until he gets back to his mom's and lets me know how the day went.

And I've been dog sitting Reedus until next week.  The internet people rang the doorbell yesterday and I went to answer the door, leaving him upstairs sleeping.  I'm gone for 2 minutes...
He chewed up his leg again.  CRIPES!  So I've been shopping for dog leg armor.

What do you think of this?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hope Leon has a great school year! I like the backpack; is it a cheeseburger? Hope the pup is ok; does he need to wear the cone of shame? Although the dog armor would be pretty cool too.

Practical Parsimony said...

I wonder if school will be what he expects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails