Thursday, December 7, 2023

Tis the Season

We celebrated McThankMas with Robb's side of the family this weekend!  Pasta bar and lots of goodies.  YUM!  I gained 4 pounds.  I'm trying to work it off but cripes.


It was a lot of fun getting together with everyone.  


Hadn't seen some of them since last year and a couple for several years.  And met a couple new grandnephew/nieces this time too.


Also had a wedding shower for a nephew and his fiance who are getting married this next summer.

My sister-in-law knocked herself out with her planning and organizational skills.  She's amazing!
However after only cooking half the pasta, we still had twice as much as we needed.  


Cathy also made some fantastic centerpieces on the tables.  There were 3 Christmas Vacation themed. One A Christmas Story 


and even one for Robb's mom, based on Hallmark movies with a Hallmark Bingo game.


There was a ton of spaghetti sauce leftover and I brought home the opened stuff so she wouldn't have to throw it out as she was suggesting or tote it home, four hours away.  I got it all canned up yesterday in various sizes so we can use some for pizza sauce too.  

We also have a few quarts of the Elfredo sauce leftover too.  I have been trying to eat it up as much as I can and that might be related to the weight gain issue...  I am doing keto but the heavy whipping cream in it might be kicking my butt.

Jen and I agreed to freeze it in manageable portions as I can't can it easily.

I did find out that if you heat up a bowl of it and then chop up a couple hard boiled eggs and mix it together, it's pretty good!  I used up the last of the hard boiled eggs this morning so I'll have to be creative for breakfast tomorrrow.  Elfredo sauce over spinach?  Not bread, I can't do that.
hmmm

Anyway, we played Apple Schmear and hit apples all over the deck.  I hit one and found myself in a cloudy mist of apple juice!  The kids all cleaned up all the apple bits and washed off the windows. 

Not sure what they were all looking at over the edge of the deck, but my BeReal app popped up and I am a slave to the light of the waffle iron BeReal App.


 Everyone helped with the cleanup and it got clean, lickedy split.  

The house is all decked out for Christmas now.  I'm NOT going to risk my neck, lining the roof with lights.  I'm just decorating the porch this year.  Maybe I'll feel more energetic next year and put a HUGE star and Santa on the roof. HA!  Probs not, even if I DO feel energetic.

Got my nativity up and the porch goose is gracing a beautiful bench, given me by my bestie when she moved.


The circle light thingy was inspired by a decoration I saw at our local Earl May garden center.  I had found a log holder at a garage sale last summer, so I strung it up with lights and positioned a plasticky wreath in the center with lights too.  At night it looks pretty cool!  And then of course, Robb's leg lamp in the window.


There!

AND Robb's bagpipe hat along with the gold colored crown of thorns AND the 18 year old paper star that Meri made in kindergarten for the top of the tree.


Now the rest of the season is mine to enjoy!!!
Well, if I don't count all the things I HAVE to do.

I'm altering a sparkly dress to wear to a candlelight concert this weekend.  A friend from my widow group invited me to go along with her.  Looking forward to dressing UP!

1 comment:

Linda said...

The family gathering sounds great. Lots of food! Everyone needs a leg lamp. I have one about a foot high, $1 at a yard sale. Apples thrown on the porch. You certainly have fun at your house.
I miss Robb's letters in Christmas cards.
Practical Parsimony
Merry Christmas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails