Monday, June 3, 2024

What In The World Have I Been Up To?

 The weekend started off swell!  Frank tried to be Evel Knievel and walk on the upstairs railing.  I have NO idea how often he's tried this that I haven't noticed.  Leon was on the couch behind me and saw him.
Silly cat.


Maddy and Matthew stayed over on Friday night and we went on a self designed 2K walk instead of the usual 5K that we go on for Scandinavian Days.  We wanted to go at our own pace and bring the dogs.  It was going to be a 5K of our own choosing, but ended up around the 2.  We walked past Meri's house and she ran out with some water for each of us. :) Just like a real triathlon or something!

Then we all met up for the parade and coffees.


And our favorite countryside market float gave out watermelon slices! mmmmm
Meri and Ryan


Aggie even enjoyed the festivities and got to meet Robb and my former bosses across the street!
Yep - she's one of our clan!!  She's got the McVal look.


We moseyed down the town and visited a craft fair, had lunch by the pool and then explored the park activities as we had seen a sign for Silly Sally!  

We saw a woman in a tent doing face paints and the girls got ALL nostalgic, "It's HER!!" but the line to get up for painting was super long.  So the girls decided to have their picture taken with her discretely...  without bothering her while she concentrated on a little butterfly for a little girl.
See them in the background? lol!


THEN went around the corner and saw the ACTUAL Sally!!!  The line was much shorter and we got to visit with old neighbors while we waited.

The girls got their pics with her again and also got balloon animals!!


Silly Sally was the entertainment for both Maddy's 3rd birthday party 


AND Meri's 3rd birthday party a few years later!  


Sally was pleased that some satisfied former clients came to see her.

After all the festivities, I spent the afternoon and evening burning branches and old bits of our patio room.  Will have to do more of that in the upcoming weeks.  Leon and Ryan joined me and we made s'mores.  I also dug into the woods and cut down lots more branches and weeds so that Leon could explore the woods easier.


Every time I feel like I should get some things done outside, I look for a new project instead of the stuff I should ACTUALLY work on.  Is that a bad thing?
The poor plants I have laid out for planting need to get IN the ground!!!  Maybe today.
Maybe not.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Just think, you will have all these generational pictures with Sally. I like your own personal run.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails