Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spidey Senses Affirmative

After getting her hair cut twice this weekend, once at a Great Clips (and being highly disappointed) and then again by her sister-in-law, Meri finally got the haircut she's been dreaming about for the last 4 months. It's now been 3 hair cuts since she first thought of it and her first attempt made her look like Kate from the Plus Eight variety. NOT good. I think she'll be happy with this.
Anyway, back to the spider thing...

I hate spiders...
But had to draw one on her shirt for today. I cringed the whole time. Meri, Maddy & I went shopping yesterday afternoon to see if we could find her a Spiderman costume. Today is Hero day at school and since Meri is on the Student Council, she needs to dress to the hilt for each dress up day.

It's the law.

We couldn't find an adult version of this costume ANYWHERE! So we bought a size 4XL mens red tee-shirt for a tunic type affect and then some blue exercise pants that say LOVE on the butt in gold. Good thing the shirt hangs long. I slimmed down the lower part of the pants and put elastic for under the arch of the feet so they'll stay down.

Then bought another 4XL red tee to make the leggings out of and they fit just over the edges of her shoes with elastic. Also a pair of red gloves which we cut the fingers off of. Meri decked out the gloves and leggings with spider webs and I did the tee with a big spider and web. Then she did her nails in black with red over the top.
FREAKY! yet somehow heroic...

She opted to not make a headpiece because she wanted to show off her new doo.

Even Spiderman would do that if he got a hairdo he especially loved, wouldn't he?

10 comments:

Macey said...

She looks cute! And I LOVE her hair!!! LOVE.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Luv the boots! POW!

Sonya Ann said...

I love it! You are so crafty! But we all knew this one.

Babes Mami said...

That is a super cute cut! I'm not brave enough for short hair.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

How cute is that do on her??? She makes a perfect Spiderman especially with the help so 'somebody' very talented!!! You rock!!!

Have yourself a terrifically blessed and beautiful Tuesday sweetie!!! :o)

Jill said...

So cool ( the outfit) I love her new hairdo!!

Have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill

Southern Gal said...

Good job. And I love her hair.

Both my machines messed up today (old and new) so i sit here with sewing to complete and no way to do it. I'm thinking it's time for a new heavy duty machine. Seriously. What do you use?

Elle Bee said...

Wow, I'm so impressed how you made the boots! Very clever! and very cute hair cut. :o)

A.Marie said...

CUTE!!!!!

Frances said...

Fabulous results!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails