Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm not a doctor.

But...I play one at home!

While the internet can be a wonderful source of information, it can definitely lead you astray sometimes.  On Friday I did a lot of Googling and found that Ryan had anything from Lime Disease to Lupus to Fibromyalgia.  None of them real good things...
Ryan from 5 years ago.  
 
So anyway...  I called him Friday morning and either he wanted to get me off the phone or he wasn't lying when he said that his arm was killing him and he couldn't hold the phone anymore...  We went to see him that night and he had ice wraps around both his legs.  He was still pretty miserable.  He could move his arms better though so that was an improvement!  Tiffany teased him that he was faking so he could just hang out at the hospital and not help her get some cleaning done.

On Saturday morning before my ASG meeting, I stopped in to see him.  Ryan was still asleep and groggily said hi and that he loved me in response to my sentences. 

Briefest hospital visit EVER.  I delivered a card and a couple other items he had asked for and left.  Good thing I hadn't used the valet service.  Oh and he didn't even remember that I was there.

Got a call from him during my meeting that he was going to get to go home by noon!  YAY!  *kind of* 

Was he really that better already?  *And was I going to be helping him use the bathroom the rest of the day??*

When I got there he was up and moving around like he was just leaving a hotel and not a hospital.  I waited for him to go through the instructions with the nurse, then helped him gather up his things.  He wanted to walk to the parking ramp and not have me pull the car up...  *REALLY?!* 

We stopped at the pharmacy on the way home for some pain medication.  He acts as if nothing is wrong, however he seems to tire out easily.  No real pain to speak of anymore.

I know what you're asking... What in the blue blazes was that then!?

Ryan wasn't real technical but he tried to explain it to me.  This was called Muscular Aplasia.  Body builders can get this if they do a super duper high powered workout without proper hydration. 


Ryan's no body builder...  The doctors have no idea what triggered this.

His muscles had all pulled apart and couldn't snap back into place.  Weird.  Enzymes were coming out of the muscles and rebuilding themselves.  He thinks he's becoming bionic now... 

Don't think so.

I thought they were treating him with antibiotics, but it was actually fluids and pain medication.

So anyway, he's actually back to work today!  The doctor said it was ok.  What a crazy miracle huh? 

He might just be pushing himself because his job takes him to the zoo tomorrow with his clients and he didn't want to miss out...

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers!  I am looking at this as a miracle from God.  One day your son is in horrible pain and you think he has a horrible disease and then the next he's skipping to the car...

7 comments:

Larri said...

Oh, I'm so glad he's home. What a scary ordeal for all of you! Thanks for the update. Happy Monday! :)

mamahasspoken said...

Yeah! Great news from your home front! Hope it doesn't happen again!

Mark said...

Sorry, I didn't know all this was going on. I really do hope that he's feeling better.
mark

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a scare! I'm glad he is feeling better.

Babes Mami said...

what a relief!!

Sonya Ann said...

I'm so worried about your family. All of you are in my prayers.

Macey said...

That's really strange but I'm so glad he's okay. I was gone last week so I didn't get a chance to read but I was worried!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails