Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prom Prom Prom! The 2nd One!

 Well... Prom is here again!!  The original one was in April, if you want to look  here.

I mentioned yesterday that Maddy's summer girls pulled the activity of PROM out of her activity jar for Wednesday. 

Apparently the little girls agonized over what to wear for 2 days and how to accessorize.  The babysitters had plenty of dresses to choose from so Mads picked the red Sweetheart ball dress that I made for her in January.  She also borrowed our punch bowl for the event and Meri ran it down for her.

Their guests showed up and the party ensued.

I think there were 4 Prom Queens...

They made their dates from balloons that they drew faces on with magic markers and danced around the room with them.
Then one brilliant girl thought it would be funny to put the balloon under her dress!  That set off giggles, lots of copycat-ing and squeals of "Hey look!  I'm pregnant!".

Ah.  Modern day prom!

9 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

You really have the best kids. I would have loved to have her as a babysitter. Next life!

Macey said...

It's funny cuz lots of prom goers probably DO end up pregnant at the end of it. Hahahahahaha. Ahem.

Larri said...

What fun! Your girls are so creative...just like you! :)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a fun activity! You are welcome to use of my blog posts in the ASG newsletter (with credit). A recent post that I think is useful is: http://theslapdashsewist.blogspot.com/2012/05/simplicity-2365-wing-collar-shirtdress.html

My post on how to do a clean finish bodice lining has been popular, though the video won't translate to paper. http://theslapdashsewist.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-machine-clean-finish-sleeveless.html

Michelle said...

The last shot cracked me up!

mamahasspoken said...

That looks so fun! I think some little girls have been watching MTV's 16 and pregnant ;o)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh..that is so funny!! and it looks like a fun place to be!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

The Old Parsonage said...

What a sweet idea! Love those girls!

Leann

Carma Sez said...

LOL at the modern day version

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails