Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday Tidbits

The Korean meal was postponed until Saturday.

One puppy found a home yesterday.  Willow - thanks for the advice!  Several calls from that ad!

Brother-in-law, wife and son arrived this morning around 1am.  I had gotten paged, so I was awake when they got in.  I just heard them.  They know their way around...  I had just gotten back to bed, so I was tired.

I hoped it was them.

Turns out it was.  My nephew, Josh, took a kissie faced pic with a puppy before he and his folks headed off this morning to get a campus tour nearby.  His sisters go to school there now, so this would be cool if he was close too!  He used to wear the Bieber hair do a few years back and really looked like him.  He actually had his hair that way before Bieber did...  But then everyone thought Josh was a copycat.  Not so!  He wears it different now and Bieber has attempted to make it look that way too, but Josh carries it off better.  

They brought their new puppy, Demon Spawn, as my brother-in-law calls her.  I think her name though is Willow.  That wouldn't have been my first choice for this dog...  I'll call it Deemo.  My BIL is probably right with that name.  We'll be dog sitting today while they're campus touring.

I posted the above photo on Facebook yesterday of my dad, along with photos of my grandma holding him.  This one drew the most attention.  I think I showed this to you guys a few years ago when I found it while helping my parents move.  Creepy huh?!  My sister asked me to scan it in again and send it to them to blow up.  We THINK my grandpa is hiding in the bushes.  I hope it's him!

Leon is home today with his daddy and aunt Maddy.  They're already watching cartoons, eating breakfast and talking about what to do today.  Leon is just happy he could show off his decision making skills with the 4 boxes of breakfast bars that were placed in front of him.  "ummmmmmm" then head butted the mixed berry box.  He'll take that one! 

Lots to do today.  I'd like to finish a project off my to do list at work today.  Just one...  and I'll be happy!  There are too many other work distractions most days and the to do list goes by the wayside.

Have a GOOD Friday folks!  We'll be attending the Tenabrae service tonight at our church along with chili dogs afterwards.  Because WHAT makes a Good Friday a Great Friday?  Chili dogs at DQ...

5 comments:

Willow said...

Ah that photo is a bit creepy those gloved hands eek ~ but fascinating at the same time lol and cute even !
So puppy Demon child ~ named Willow hmm I think my mother use to call me that as well. ;)

Southern Gal said...

We're having a Good Friday service at church tonight. I don't think we've ever had one before. Looking forward to it.

That picture had me staring for a while. I still can't quite make it out.

Frances said...

I hope you had a really easy work day and a good Good Friday.

Sonya Ann said...

Im just going to show up one day and watch all the fun. I promise not to head butt food though.

Larri said...

Sounds as though you've had a busy, but fun weekend! I love your tradition of DQ Chili Dogs on Good Friday. Just makes me smile. :)

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails