Monday, April 14, 2014

I Need Another Weekend!

On Friday night, I picked up Leon from daycare and we went to the elementary school carnival.  Meri was working at one of the booths all night and was feeling INDEPENDENT because she got to drive herself there on her moped!  Leon and I roamed the halls, pulling duckies out of water for a sticker, pulling suckers for, well... suckers, fishing for little toy fish, etc.  He was afraid to go into the classrooms because what little boy ISN'T afraid of school at some point?


He got two suckers.  And the freshness date must have been close because he HAD to eat them immediately!  Then let them soak into the car upholstery.  Not sure what that was about...

My brother-in-law was at the house with Robb working on cars, so Leon and I went to the nearest big town and picked up some sedum plants that someone was offering on Freecycle.org!  

This is Leon all hopped up on suckers and french fries, falling asleep in the car while eating them.  
 
My sedum had died and there were several dead spots in our landscaping due to that.  I always meant to replace them but haven't yet and why NOT for free??  
It snowed last night.  I hope my sedum hasn't died...

On Saturday I attended my ASG sewing meeting where we had a style show for the ladies who were able to make a 3 piece outfit in the last few months.  I'm not one of them, but hey!  
SOMEONE has to be the paparazzi...  


What do you do when someone is giving away patterns, not necessarily ones you can use and if someone doesn't take them, the original owners are going to throw them out.  

Sacrilege!!  That's what I call it!  

I'm a pattern hoarder now.  Hear me SEW!!!  Well, not right now...  

Saturday afternoon was WONDERFUL weather-wise!  I got a lot of yard work done and the sedum planted!  Leon helped by pulling sand out of his sandbox, dumping it on top of the turtle lid and then hitting it with his shovel.  

Photo of some sedum from past years.  

Leon was actually no help at all but he was outside for hours that day.  

We also had a couple who are missionaries, and their kids stop by to pick out a puppy!  YEP!  Our pup, Knightly, is going to be living in Peru!  Well, not until 1 year from now I guess.  They're in the states for the next year.  But after that, our puppy sales are now considered "international"!

The leftovers.
 
Saturday night, Leon, Meri and I watched the thunderstorm roll in.  Awesome lightning display!  We went inside just a little before 2 inch hail hit.  Robb and Meri managed to get her moped pulled up onto the porch because we don't want hail damage on her vehicle!!!  Our cars got pinged and good.

And today we've got snow...  It's supposed to calm down by Wednesday and I hope so!  I got the puppy nest in the garage ready and I was able to do some laundry yesterday while the pups broke it in.  I've never been so happy to fold clothes!!  

I need more caffeine...


Oh and Leon says HI!

5 comments:

slugmama said...

Leon really looks like Ryan in that "French fry eating/falling asleep" pose. lol

Willow said...

How did i miss this ~ so international dog sales added to the resume !

Sonya Ann said...

I LOVE the pics of LEON!!!! The kid is hilarious! I forgot how they would crash in their carseats!

Frances said...

All I could think of was "Puppy Jail" when I saw the leftovers. LOL!

Leon is a cuty!

Frances said...

Errrr....cutie!

I really can spell.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails