Friday, July 25, 2014

That starts with F and that stands for FAIR!

So I was agonizing yesterday.  WHAT could I possibly bring to the fair that was State Fair worthy??!  

I dug in my closet.  Pulled out Meri's confirmation dress that needs just a little tweaking and a good washing, the dress I made for myself for Sam's wedding,  a skirt that I made for myself for another nephew's wedding years ago...

and then had an epiphany...

I seemed to recall that a couple women from Robb's bagpipe band had been disappointed last year because I hadn't entered anything into the State Fair. 

Didn't I??

Didn't I???

OH THAT'S RIGHT!!!  I had missed the deadline last year!!!  
I didn't want to make them hunt through all the Threads and Fabric entries for my name in vain again!

So THAT means...  I have got Maddy's prom dress and sweetheart ball dress to submit!!!

Woohoo!!!  They are totally fair quality!

I washed my dress and Meri's dress anyway just to have something else to enter, but then realized that my dress's seams weren't finished very well.  Not quality worksmanship...  darn.  Oh well, it's nice and clean now!  The skirt may or may not be entered.  I have to sew a button back onto it.

So here is what I have.  Let the judging begin!!!

  
 

Have an awesome weekend and don't forget to tune in for Project Runway which just started again this week!!!  I can already feel my creative vibes starting up...  
I love watching the runway show part!  I can totally skip the drama...  Got enough of that!

6 comments:

slugmama said...

Drama?.....Your life???
Nah........lolz

Southern Gal said...

Yay for not missing the deadline! You'll have some blue ribbons for sure.

Michelle said...

Glad you didn't miss the deadline :)

Sonya Ann said...

You are going to win!!!!!!!

Jane said...

Love those blue dresses and how the fabric is draped:) You've got a shot at a red ribbon for sure!

The Old Parsonage said...

Gorgeous dresses and girls!!!

You are amazing!

Hope that all is well!
Leann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails