Monday, September 15, 2014

And now we have another week

It's been a full weekend.  I know!  Coming from ME even!!!  Leon was away from Friday afternoon until Sunday before church and I took the opportunity to get a little deep sorting done.  You wouldn't guess it from looking now...  

I think this was a two steps back kind of weekend.

Meri's homecoming parade was Friday afternoon and I took a late lunch so I could meet up with Robb and watch.  


One of the royalty's cars overheated during the Chinese fire drill and parents pushed it off the road.  The king and queen had a couple more lesser royals in their car.
Meri had her homecoming dance on Friday night after the football game and had a great time, for the most part.  She was disappointed on how the evening ended but hey... she's 14!  We won't allow her to get engaged yet, much less date for real!  

She was lovely.  

 

Despite the picture of her and her friend Linz trying to act goofy before I took them over to the school.


Because Linz's date's mom, (did you follow that?) wanted to take photos and they didn't get there yet when we arrived, Linz asked me to wait outside for them.  So I waited...  Had a chat with a boy that's in Meri's grade and was waiting for his date.  

I looked like a creeper when parents drove their kids to the door.  Saw a lot of short dresses, a lot of jeans and actually a couple pairs of shorts.  I should have asked for them entrance fee at THAT door!  I'd have made a mint until they got inside and said that the creepy lady at the door took their money already...  Saw a lot of parents that thought I was a bouncer...  

I hung around for 30 minutes.  That kid and his mom didn't show.  I texted Meri and told her to take photos of them with her cell phone instead.  I was going home!  I wanted to relax a little before I had to pick them up at midnight and chatting up a 14 year old boy is not my idea of that.  Found out later, Linz's date had come in with OUT his mom a few minutes after I went outside.  Sneaky little so and so!  Oh well...

Saturday morning, I slept IN!!!  til 8am!!!  I watched the rest of North & South before I got out of bed and sobbed happily for a while...  Thanks Southern Gal for suggesting it!  Went on a garbage run with Robb and when we came back, got in on the tail end of a sibling rivaling situation.  We should never gone together on that date to the dump...  Our dates always back fire on us.  Anyway, things were back to normal, if you can call it that, by evening.

After a super secret steak night supper, Robb, Meri and I sprawled on our bed and watched Serenity together.  It wasn't as serene as you might think, judging by the name...  I'd seen it before.  Robb had seen it before 7 times, but Meri hadn't seen it at all and she LOVED it.  Space cowboy meets zombie type things meets bad guy who is a super soldier.  And of course, Casey from Chuck, was in it!  How can you go wrong?!  Meri was hooked.


Oh!  Maddy got called for Jury duty.  I wonder how THAT'S going to work!!?

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

My weekend was relatively bland in comparison! lol Meri looks so beautiful!

The Old Parsonage said...

Wow - teenage dances! I remember the drama and we had sons!

Can't imagine if you had Leon in the mix too...you juggle it well!

Leann

Sonya Ann said...

Pretty girls!!!
I remember dragging Anna to all the dances. Not fun especially if you got stuck with pick up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails