Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Chaos'ity. The story of my life.

The weather is getting a little chiller.  The leaves are changing colors nicely.  

Poor Meri!  She had to *gasp* accept a ride to school with Dad!  At least it wasn't *GASP* a ride on the bus!!  Her independence will have to wait until it's not raining.


Sluggy wrote about her first night's visit from this summer at my McVal's House of Chaos, as she put it.  Thinking back on her visit, I guess we WOULD appear that way to a lot of people...  But that's the kind of house I grew up in, so I'm used to it. 

My parents in the middle.  Then all my siblings and myself with most of our kids and their kids.  
Our family reunions are a blast...

Pretend the number of living souls in my home are all people instead of a portion of them being dogs, as in my current case.  That was my house, my parents, my siblings and the adventures I grew up in. 

An occasional bat in the attic girl's rooms.  

A cow giving birth in the dead of night.

A snake sneaking in the deck door.

A dog getting hit by a tractor.

My sister stepping on a mouse while doing dishes.

Wait... that sounds like I grew up with a ton of creatures THEN too, and not people at all.  Just add gobs of people, mostly girls, and that was my life.


How's this?

Me almost burning down the house by blowing up the propane tank?

Accidentally hitting my sisters legs with ricocheted beebee gun pellets.  Sorry Teresa!

Camping out with sisters around the wood burning stove in the worst of the winter.

Successful garden spider gardening.

Canning tomatoes

Nighttime devotions 15 minutes before the James Bond movies were over.

Vacations with family!

Camping out on top of the hay bales under the stars

Camping out at the top corner of the meadow overlooking the valley.

Inner tube Canoeing around the flooded lower meadow.

Riding bikes up and down the gravel lane.

I don't regret a single thing about the chaotic household I grew up in. 
Well, maybe a couple things... and those were totally my fault!

Growing up in "the land of chaos" was truly a blessing...

5 comments:

slugmama said...

Ok, perhaps I exaggerated a touch.....not total chaos, controlled chaos. Or better yet, Jam-packed activity chaos. lol

When do you ever get some down time woman?!?
If I worked a 9 to 5 all week and had to be that busy during my weekend, seriously, I'd have a meltdown or two. lolz

Sonya Ann said...

I think that would be the most wonderful childhood. Mine was very lonely so I made sure that my kids had a fun childhood.
And just think your kids will have a long list of stories too, like when you hit one with the car.
OK that was mean but you did it. I don't forget a thing. Can you imagine what it is like to try and argue with me?

Southern Gal said...

It sounds like a totally wonderful chaotic childhood. Those are the things that make us who we are. You're just a chaotic family lovin' gal. ;) I just have one sister. I'm jealous!

Michelle said...

Sometimes chaos can be a good thing :)

Frances said...

Sometimes chaos is a good thing. And big families are always a good thing. Well, okay, big happy families are a good thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails