Friday, September 19, 2014

I have a cut up daughter

Meri came out to my office yesterday when she got home from school and I think we're going with this fabric for the yodeling frock,  IF there is enough of it.  Looks to be about 4 yards.  I think there might be...  


It all depends on how well I am able to match up the pattern and how long she wants it.  She mentioned she wanted it poofy and as short as her hip...  

Meri is SUCH a stitch!  

So basically she wants a mini tutu skirt with a frontless bodice.

I should have enough fabric for that I think!  Because why bother with matching patterns when they for sure won't be looking at THAT!?

She is SUCH a CUT UP!

I've told her NO.  After two older kids breaking me in, it's getting easier to say NO to them with more emphasis that they'll understand and rightly fear.  I can also tell when they're pulling my leg.  
Most of the time...  

The fabric smelled of elderberries mothballs and has been washed.  It's currently air drying on the bouncy horse.  With any luck, I'll be able to cut into it tonight!  I doubt I'll have anything to show my sewing group tomorrow, but who knows?

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

slugmama said...

Yes, but was the fabric's mother a hamster? a plaid hamster no doubt.....

Out My window said...

I think the costume should have a neck ruff, my daughter accused me of putting one on her first prom dress.... okay so maybe the double faced carpet tape on her breasts was a bit much but er date was taller than her.

Michelle said...

Meri sounds like fun! lol

Linda said...

I was so confused. With my eyesight every time I read Meri, I saw men. Try reading this post that way...clear to the end.

Sonya Ann said...

Haha, at first we try to talk to them and explain everything and then we get old and tired and its like OH HELL NO. And just walk off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails