Monday, September 22, 2014

Just a Couple Days...

The weekend was very enjoyable!  Lots to do, as usual, but come Saturday night, I was pleased to realize that I had one more day free!!!  It was a good feeling.

I cut out the yodeler dress on Friday night and finally got a chance to start sewing on Saturday, late afternoon.  I'm making some good progress and let me just say, that matching plaid patterned fabric is near to impossible.  I have no idea what I'm doing...  This is not fair quality, but up on a stage will be just fine I think...  People will be far enough away, they won't be able to tell that things don't line up just right.

I've got the front of the bodice sewn with trim and the back about half way.  The lining of the bodice is done too.  I do not have enough of the stretchy blue slick fabric to line the skirt, but need to find something that will work.  Since it won't be going to the fair anyway, I'll probably piece meal it together with stuff from my stash.  I've got some netting for a crinoline out here too I think.

Anyway, on Saturday morning, I'd invited a friend from church to come with me to the ASG sewing meeting.  She had a blast and will come back and probably become a member!  We were celebrating 25 years of our group!  


So of course there was cake... and LOTS of it!
 
 
During this meeting, I found that you can over-dye with water.  Don't ask me how I know this...  Well... if you do, I may or may not tell you in a private email.  I came away from the meeting with tons of inspiration and fabric.  Found some fabric with tractors on it for a pillowcase for Leon!  He'll love it!


Tomorrow I'll tell you about a new technique that I learned at the meeting.  WAY cool and it will shorten my hemming times on prom dresses by a bunch!

On Sunday afternoon, I sewed some more and then Meri and I had a 4H event where we drive around town and pick up strange packages on peoples porches.  That sounds mysterious... but it was our annual food drive!  Then we spent an hour with the club kids, pulling out expired food, sorting everything and stocking shelves at the local food bank.  It is amazing how some people think this is the time to clean out their cupboards.  I found food that had expired in 1998...  WHO is going to be able to eat THAT?!!!  What a shame!  Had to throw it out.  All in all, this was the most successful drive we've had in several years and the shelves were jam packed!   


Well, back to the week day...  Have a great week!  
I'll be counting the minutes until the NEXT weekend!

2 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

Look at you all helpful and giving!!! I was a little worried you might be stealing but NO! I should have know you can only do good!

Michelle said...

Doing great stuff in your neighborhood :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails