Monday, October 27, 2014

And Sew It Goes...

 I spent most of Friday and Saturday at my sewing machine.  Well, apart from housework, cooking, wondering what movie I should watch with Meri & Robb and wondering when I'd see Leon next...  

I finally finished Meri's yodeling dress!  I HAD added some tulle to the lining to make it poofy, but she tried that on and started singing Baby's Got Back and we HAD to rip it out.  Too too much...    If the play director thinks she needs more poof, I hear they have some crinoline skirts in their stash.  Meri isn't going to tell them that it's done until AFTER Wednesday because she's been invited to a costume party on Wednesday and wants to wear it.  For the moment, it's hanging in my closet.  She did her parts from the play for my bestie yesterday afternoon and I think we're going to enjoy this play immensely!


THEN my co-worker, that went in to have a baby on Wednesday but hasn't called ANYONE to let us know if she actually HAD the baby yet, still hasn't notified anyone.  It kind of sucks being 2000 miles away from anyone I work with...  I can't just pop in and visit at the hospital, if she's even still there...   I made her baby a gift anyway.  She was expecting a boy so I thought primary colors rather than the typical muted pink and blue would be good.  I made a swaddling blanket & mini taggie with flannel fabric.  I had the hands print flannel in my stash and purchased the white flannel.  Washed them both and dug in.  I found some instructions online on how to make a self binding   I must not have measured it exactly because it came out a little wonky...  And my top stitching was not something to write to a state fair judge about...  But it seems like a very warm blanket!  Instructions HERE.


The taggie took all of 10 minutes to put together!  Easy peasy!  And looks sweet wrapped around the blanket for shipping.  I think I have a box somewhere to tuck it into.  It should get mailed off today.


Anyway!!!  What did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

Frances said...

Meri's dress turned out beautiful as did the baby blanket and taggie. You make me want to pull out my sewing machine. But that feeling will pass soon enough. LOL!

I need to go post about my weekend so Sonya Ann does not hurt me. :-)

Willow said...

Yodellady Yodelladee yodelaydeeee whooo

If they need a stand in call me .

Great job on the dress and the baby blanket.

Trudy said...

Love them both. I made a taggie for my grandson awhile back. I don't think I've blogged about it, though. You just reminded me I need to do that.

Michelle said...

I did laundry! And, then I did some more! And, then I did it again today after I got home from work! Good times! That is a sweet tag blanket. My kids would have loved that when they were little.

Sonya Ann said...

That is adorable!

Southern Gal said...

The dress and taggie blanket are fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails