Friday, October 24, 2014

Inspiration, dinner and a show

Are you inspired to sew this weekend after looking at this marshmallow of a UFO (UnFinishedObject)? 

Sorry for the uncentered pic...  I just held the cell phone up high to do and couldn't see what I was doing.
 
I was inspired last night but didn't have this conglomeration to look at to do it.  Leon left yesterday afternoon to go to his mommies until Sunday so there was nothing (unfortunately) standing in my way to finish a couple things that had been hanging over my head. 

As soon as I got off work and threw some food into the oven, I worked on sewing the chevrons onto a friend's son's letter jacket.  He needs it for our last home game tonight and as a football player AND senior, it was very important to him.  Someone else had already sewn the chevrons on, but had done a poor job of it and he was pretty upset.  So I was nervous...  I didn't want to screw it up and sew it on wrong!!  I delivered it to his mom around 7:30, crossing my fingers that I'd followed her instructions to the letter.  She liked it but wanted to run it past the boy and he wasn't home yet.  I think I had the chevrons up a quarter inch too high...

Got a call from her later and she said he was pleased.  WHEW!!!  That's one of the reasons I hate doing sewing for someone else!  I'm afraid I'd get things really bad and it would just take longer to fix it!  But if it's for me or my family, it's no big deal.  They'll adjust to a collar a little wonky or a button not exactly the right color. 

As it stands they paid me twice what I asked!  But I'm sure they're thinking it was too much. 

How is THAT for self confidence in my own work??

sigh...  Anyway, as soon as I got that coat taken care of and delivered, I dug into Meri's blouse for the yodelers dress.  The sample was a success but was a belly shirt due to lack of enough of the sample fabric and that would not work.  I mean COME ON!!  How many Swiss yodelers have you seen wearing belly shirts?? 

Besides, if she gets to wear a belly shirt, then Robb does too...

I got the thing cut out last night and mostly sewn together. All that is left is to put in the other sleeve, put in elastic or a drawstring of some kind around the neck and elbows and then a quick hem.  Everything before that was done in a two hour span.  I was watching Project Runway at the time and was inspired...

If you haven't watched it yet and were wondering who won, then I won't spoil it for you.  Needless to say, this season is over with.  Mondo didn't get robbed...  I was kind of rooting for one designer but that one came in second place so it's all ok.

Anyway, Almost done!!!  Then I get to sew something "I" want to sew for fun!!!  Oops - got a baby gift I need to make for a co-worker over the weekend...  

rats.

2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

You're busy! Isn't that always the way it goes? Finish something and want to start on your list of things for yourself and bam! Something else has to be done first. I'm finished with wedding things and need to finish a quilt I started in June for the bed of Ava and Nora. But I need to sew Christmas things, too! I guess it's that way with all sewists, huh?

Out My window said...

So the 5 patches I have to put on 18 police jackets X 2 would put you over the edge? Let's see that is 5x 18 x 2 I have a headache

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails