Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Close to my heart

We'll be stopping by a friend's house tonight for Leon to go trick or treating.  Then a costume party tomorrow at his daycare and lunch at my bestie's.  Not sure what time all THAT is going to go down, but we'll get it figured out.


Meri is attending a costume party today after school and took her costume with her this morning. 

I'm not going to any costume parties.  Mainly because the only costume I have is a grumpy grandma costume and I've worn it out by wearing it all year long.  No one wants to party with that!

Last night Ryan and Leon were hanging out upstairs, so I went out to my office to dig through some patterns for a dress to sew for Robb's company Christmas party.  It was getting close to Leon's bedtime and Robb called me on my cell.  Apparently there was a little boy inside crying for his grandma!

*choke*

Lately Leon has been saying that he doesn't love me.  I KNOW it's a common thing for toddlers to say things like that, but it got to me...  So I've been telling him as much as possible that I love him and teaching him the "I love you THIIIISSSS much" thing with outstretched arms.  Last night when I came in, he clung to me and when I brought him in to my bed to cuddle and watch a little Nightmare before Christmas with me.  I held him close to the bed.  I love you THIIISSSS much and dropped him on the bed while I outstretched my arms.  He thought that was pretty funny and made me do it again.  

When Robb came upstairs, he told me that Leon had been crying for me by saying, "But I LOOOVVVEE  Grandma!!!!"  

*choke* *sob*

I love him too.  I won't get to see him Friday or Saturday at all, so the next few days I'll be buried in sewing stuff to get my mind off things and then go see a kid at college!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Awwwww so adorable!!! All those great memories and they grow so fast... Enjoy Halloween and all the candy ;-)

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails