Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sew Spooky!

Leon has decorated our front door with vinyl pumpkins and our fridge with freaky little kids in costumes.  I put up a cheap-o spider from the Dollar Store up on our porch.  We are ready.  Leon won't be here for it, but oh well... he had fun jazzing up the place!


 Since this is Throwback Thursday, I thought I'd contribute with some memories and a sewing project that spans many years.

First off, here is Maddy and myself with a little girl from daycare at the daycare Halloween party.  Maddy was VERY into Star Wars at the time and wanted to be Princess Leia.  I found her a wig online and we purchased the dress.


The next year she was into Teletubbies in a BIG way, so she was Po.  We purchased the costume...  Ryan was Zorro!  I made his costume and cape.  In fact, I made the hat too!


That cape was a common staple in our costume trunk and used for MANY different outfits.


Then there was the year that Maddy was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  


So was I and so was Meri.  My mother-in-law was the wicked witch.  


I found a place online to buy the matching dresses and just yesterday loaned out mine to a friend from church so her highschool daughter could be Alice in Wonderland.  I didn't have time to dig in the garage for our old costume box, so I whipped up a new white apron over lunch.  
I just want a photo of her if she actually wears it.

Anyway, tonight is beggars night!  We've got a ton of candy bars and tootsie rolls hidden from Leon's sight above the cabinets and I've got a crock pot of chili going.  That's our traditional Halloween night dinner!  We don't hand it out to the kids because that would be akin to dumping hot oil on their heads when they come to the door.  No one likes that...  

I'll most likely be taking off early today so I can run Leon to his moms and get back in time to hand out candy.  We'll see...

If I only knew where that silly black cape is, that would be perfect to wear tonight!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Ahhhhh memories! That takes me back. I wondered why today was your beggar's night so I went to wikipedia and they explained it to me :) Ours is still Oct. 31st here. And I haven't done a single thing to get ready for it - yikes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails