Friday, October 31, 2014

The Haunting

With Beggars night last night, we gave away a LOT of candy.  Darn. 

And do you know HOW many Frozen's Elsa I saw?  That was definitely THE girl costume of the year!  I wasn't too surprised.  My very own niece went as her too.


Leon went as Adam West's Batman.  I enjoyed photos of him from last night on Facebook this morning...  


Meri had play practice, so Robb and I had chili in mugs and ate on the porch giving away the candy.  It was fun to finally meet new neighbors who had just moved in, see old friends bring their kids by and see how cute kids can be when they want something from you.  

I was being frugal in the first hour and told kids, Pick out "1" thing please!  One little boy asked me why just one.  I said that because of the beautiful night, there are going to be a LOT of kids out tonight and I want to make sure there's enough.  I also said that if it was the last half hour of trick or treating, I'd say, Take a handful please!  But his mom said that she would have to tell him to just take one anyway.    

There were NO kids after 7:30.

Once a few kids came up to the porch and one was a Star Wars Stormtrooper.  As they reached their hands in the bowl, Robb said Please take 1!  The Stormtrooper grabbed a huge handful and dropped it into his bag as Robb kept repeating a little louder each time to just take 1.  The kid walked off with a huge lot of our candy!  Turkey!!  Robb called to him that he could at least say he was sorry.  He did mumble it back to us.

Once one little boy ran back to his dad and said that he went to the "haunted house" all by himself!!  

Was that us??  

I guess it pays off to have a burned out bulb in front of the garage, a leaf pile to walk through, a bag of mulch that looked like a dead body and a broken fence...  And two old people sitting on the front porch saying "Want some candy little boy??!"

Yeah, we're creepy haunted.

Have a Happy Halloween and a great Reformation Day!  It's a dual holiday around here.

2 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

Bahahaha haunted house!!!!!!!!
I put the candy in the bag, I don't trust the sugar thieves.

Karen Whittal said...

Really cool tradition we on do i here in South Africa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails