Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What you can put off til tomorrow...

Ok so here's the deal!  

I was planning on working on Meri's blouse for the yodeler's outfit last night and still had a few things to do on the dress.  The apron was done, but there were pins holding in the lining on the dress bodice until I could stitch it in by hand.  Oh and the zipper basting was still in, so you couldn't open the zipper yet.  I had been working on the hand work at the same time that Leon threw up on his other grandma's couch on Sunday, so it got put away before it got barf on it and I hadn't gotten a chance to get back to it.

So Meri got home from school last night with Robb around 5:30.  I got to work on supper because I knew she'd want to eat before she left for play practice at 6:40 or so.

At 6:15, she came upstairs and said that she needed the dress to wear that night because everyone is bringing their costumes to play practice that night.  IS IT DONE YET?  

sigh.  I knew at that moment that I should NOT have spent my lunch yesterday working on a letter jacket for a friend...  I pulled out my needlework and did the quickest whip stitch on her lining that I've EVER done.  And trust me, it is NOT fair quality...  Then didn't have time to run upstairs and dig out a seam ripper so I just used the scissors and did as quick a seam picking as I could.  It was ready in 20 minutes.  


Since we didn't have a blouse made yet, I told her where to find a snug fitting white tee for last night and told her to tell the director that the blouse will be done by next week.  I made her try it on and wear it to play practice instead of changing there.  WHEW!!  And she was GONE!  Well, except for a quick trip back into the house for her play book and cell phone...  That's a regular thing around here.

She got to play practice and I guess the dress is going to work.  She hasn't said too much about it to me.  AND good thing she wore it!  They were taking cast photos last night and EVERYONE was wearing their costumes!  I find this out from Robb because she talks to him...

Things to do for the outfit...

1) add tulle to the skirt lining to make it a bit poofy.

2) make Meri try on the sample blouse I made last night and see what kind of tweaking I need to do for the final version.
  That's tweaking, NOT twerking...

3) fix up a couple areas where I may have trimmed the seam allowance too close. darn wovens...

lay he whew!

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Looking good!

Sonya Ann said...

If I tried to sew something in 20 minutes, you would be lucky if I could get a button on! And with the way that I poke myself, you would be scrubbing blood.

Carma Sez said...

a yodeler's outfit - of course! I love that you are still kicking butt with your projects...

Frances said...

LOL! I used to sew like that. "I need a new dress tomorrow...let me make it tonight." I did that a lot in high school.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails