Monday, November 17, 2014

GOOD & Fattening!!!


Regarding Meri's first Holiday party, some of Meri's friends didn't come because of their church youth group activities.  Some didn't come because of the snowy weather and wow did we GET it!  Even today, they're talking negative windchills... REALLY??  In November??  

 

Oh well, I'm glad I pulled out the winter gear a couple weeks ago!


 
She ended up with 3 true blue friends that braved the weather and even brought treats of their own to share!  Meri and I spent the morning shopping, then spent the afternoon with housework and cooking.  Her first friend showed up at 4 and Meri had her help with goodies.


 
Meri made Puppy Chow, ranch flavored oyster crackers, two kinds of cake mix cookies and I made the Christmas crack.  

 

All of it was pretty addictive as I'm sure my hips can attest to.

Melted snowmen cookies.  Turned out SO cute!  The frosting hardened nicely.

The closest I got to sewing on Saturday was moving my cutting board off to the end of the dining room table so we could lay out the spread! 

One of the girls is a foreign exchange student from Germany so Robb and I tried out all the German we could remember from high school and Hogan's Heros.  I think we really surprised her with Ya Wohl!  and Ya, da ist ein Schnitzelbank!  I REALLY could have impressed her with Da ist ein hund. (that is a dog), but I didn't remember it until the next day...  or Du bist ein hund. (You are a dog) but that would have been a slam...  And she was nice.  I typically only used that on my sisters.

 
 
I made pizza for supper.  The hamburger pizza went over well!  Surprisingly... I made 4 so there are PLENTY of leftovers even today.


 
They watched movies, played spoons and when it was time for Leon to go to bed, the girls went down to Meri's room and played spoons some more.  They could get loud...  Two of the girls stayed overnight.

Meri had a great time and I'm sure she'll have another actual Christmas party in a few weeks again.  The kids didn't really get into HER movie!  Maybe the wrong crowd for BBC humor...  Or maybe the sugar was kicking in and they just couldn't sit for another movie.

Here is the example Ipod pillow that I made.  Leon is modeling it.  I decided not to keep it a secret as I'd chosen the wrong fabric for the first one...  I'll make some more, but I gave my beta pillow to Meri.  She really likes it!  And even at one point, ran downstairs to get it because she'd taken it down earlier.  I'll probably make her one for each floor.   

 

Leon likes it too!  This was them last night while Meri got her homework done.

What fattening foods did you make this weekend?  

4 comments:

slugmama said...

I made zucchini casserole this weekend.
I'll trade ya! lolz

Frances said...

Your pizzas look amazing! And the snowman cookies are adorable.

I didn't make anything fattening this weekend, but Hubby and I did go out on Saturday night and had chicken fried meats. LOL! I had chicken breast he had steak, but they were both breaded, fried and covered in gravy. Yum! Both of us brought home enough leftovers to have for dinner last night. It was delish both times!

Southern Gal said...

I'm glad Meri had her party. Love those melted snowmen cookies! If it can snow on NOVEMBER 1st in SC it can definitely snow there in November!

I baked a sweet potato souffle for our Thanksgiving Dinner at church last night. All that topping on it? Yum.

Sonya Ann said...

Wow, you all make some yummy looking food. I need an invite!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails