Friday, January 23, 2015

Rushing past randomly

I thought I'd have 3 hours to sew last night.  I was wrong.  A mere 1.5 hours was all I could pull off before I said ENOUGH!!!  and unplugged my iron.  The outer skirt panels are done and sewn together.  I still have the skirt lining to pleat and put together before attaching skirt to bodice, which Meri has STILL not tried on.  Then the zipper and hem.

She doesn't have pep band tonight, which is good, so I'll corner her then...

I'll be up late sewing I think, because we'll be visiting my MIL back in the hospital after work.  No homemade pizza tonight!!  I'm thinking cafeteria food, which is actually really good there!  She had complications yesterday and went back in around noonish.

I found the perfect thing to ship off to Maddy last night!  Hopefully I can catch the post office open today and get it mailed off.

Meri and I and MAYBE Ryan will go see my dad and mom this weekend.  I'm looking forward to seeing Mom's new digs in the nursing home and how she's doing.  Then visiting Dad at the hospital and seeing how he's holding up.  I've heard that his leg bone has shifted... NOT good.  I'm hoping it's not as bad it sounds!  He's supposed to be joining Mom at the home next week.

With any luck, I'll get another chapter or two read in Sonya's book on the drive!  We won't be able to leave until after Meri's Reader's Theater performance tomorrow morning.  

Life is a rush!  Then if you can, you read...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wishing you safe travels!

Jane said...

I'm not surprised you're rushing by what with all you have on your plate these days. I hope the moving of the leg bone isn't such a bad thing - I've never heard of that happening before so can offer you nothing but concerned thoughts and sincere hopes for the best!!!

Sonya Ann said...

Do you have time to bathe and pee? I think not!
I hope that your parents and you MIL are on the mend soon. Seems they all fell apart at the same time. Prayers and good vibes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails