Monday, January 26, 2015

The Kitchen Sink

Guess what I did this weekend!!!  

Everything.

On Friday night, I sewed and then tried the dress on Meri.  She was disappointed.  So was I...  I decided that I'd take the dress on my weekend roadtrip and rip a few seams if I wasn't driving.  

On Saturday morning, we attended Meri's Reader's Theater competition about 45 minutes away.  They did so great and it was a very funny skit about Cinderella and CinderEdna.   Meri played a prince.  In high school, I played a guy too...  It's needed sometimes! 

Immediately following, I'd gotten permission to take her away from her group, so she, Ryan and I headed off to my home town to see my Dad.  We rented a couple Redbox movies along the way, with Meri looking it up on her smart phone where a Redbox was with the movies that we wanted along our route.  They finally got the ones they wanted and then I sat in the front driving, the.entire.time...  and listened to two action packed and suspenseful movies.  I used my imagination to fill in the blanks for what I couldn't see.  I won't have to see these two now...

I dropped off the kids at the hospital to go see Grandpa Mel while I drove to the nursing home and picked up Mom.  Signed her out and set off an alarm at the entrance!  She seems happy there.  However since she's used to having a house and lots of space, a tiny room being shared by another woman isn't ideal...  But she's adjusting.  We visited with Dad for an hour or so before we left with Mom, took her shopping, out to supper and then back to the home.   She gave us a tour of her new digs and we got to meet a lot of her new friends.

We should have said goodbye in her room, but instead she walked us to the door and we set off another alarm...  :\ 

I drove all the way home, so the kids could watch their suspenseful movie.  BORING...  at least from the front seat.  It was kind of funny hearing grown kids gasping and saying things like NOOO!  Don't GO IN THERE! 

Sunday, there was a potluck after church to see off a young couple moving out of town.  We'll miss them.  She gave Meri voice lessons a few years back and was recently giving piano lessons to a couple kids in our congregation.  BUT her husband now has his doctorate, so he's PH-inished and they're outta here!  College towns can sometimes suck.  And NOT just when you want to get a table at a favorite bbq joint!


After that, Robb and I (and Leon) took a car to the shop before he headed in one direction and me in another.  Leon and I ran a couple errands in town before heading off to pick up a sewing machine that I purchased from someone locally on a FB swap page.  This sewing machine has ALL the bells and whistles and weighs less than my purse.  S.WEET!!!  I can't wait to try it out!  

After we picked that up, I managed to get Leon down for a nap in his car seat and we headed off to several towns over to see his other grandma.  She's been sick but had really wanted to see him.  And he loved trouncing on her oxygen tubing...  She finally received the gift from Leon.  I'd made a photo book for her from Aldi Photos.  Did you know Aldi's has a photo department?  It's only online.  Well, they did a great job, however, please plan for a LONG processing time...  It didn't get here until after Christmas.


Then a quick trip to the local hospital to see Robb's mom, then off to enjoy ice cream cake at my besties to celebrate her birthday, which is today!  FINALLY got home around 5:30 with some Subway sandwiches that Meri talked me into for supper.  
Perfect!  


And then I sewed.  sewed, sewed sewed...  We tried the dress on again around 8:30pm and it's closer!  But still no cigar.  I've got more modifications to make on it and will do a little more of that over lunch today. This one might not make it to the fair, but maybe the peach one will.

I am skipping a sewing meeting tonight to get more done on it.  Meri agreed with me that we don't have time to do the peach dress before Friday.  THANK YOU MY DEAREST!!!!  She just wants this one to be perfect.  

Fine.  I can do that.

Or die trying...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails