Friday, March 27, 2015

Randomly shaving dogs

This has been a hair raising work week for me.  I hope to get caught up on all of you either later today or over the weekend...  But if I can get through the to-do lists I have scattered all over my desk by 5pm, I will be a happy woman!!  

Meri baked a cake last night for her grandma's birthday dinner that we're having tonight.  She'll probably get the community candle...  And companies coming!!!  So I guess I'll sweep.

I'm thinking about giving the golden retrievers a butch type hair cut for the summer... What do you think?  We aren't trying to show how beautiful they are to potential puppy buyers this spring, so maybe we'll do that to keep the dog shedding at bay this spring.  We used to do that for our golden, Katy, that we had before these dogs, years ago.  When we went for a walk, people would look at her confused and ask what kind of dog she was.  Golden Lab?  She looked beautiful, just not as shaggy.  And I think for a hot summer, she liked it better than a big furry coat.  


Ryan's friend's car has been sitting in our driveway for a few weeks now, since she totaled it just down the street from us.  She was here last night and cleaned it out, uninstalling the expensive stereo system and anything else she needed from it.  I guess the towing company is finally coming today.  WOOHOO!  We've had too many cars in our driveway for too long...  It'll be nice to not always look like a used car dealership or that we're having a party!  Who am I kidding?  We ALWAYS look like that!

Heard a hilarious story from a friend, but can't share it.  sigh...

Leon is here for the weekend and I'm looking forward to taking him to an Easter egg hunt tomorrow!  I hope it's not the kind where they limit each kid to only 1 egg...  That could lead to several tantrums, and not just him...
I'm not talking about me!

He's been a little under the weather this week.  In the afternoons, I put him down for a nap over a late lunch, then work from the living room until he wakes up.  His daddy goes to work in the afternoons.  Yesterday I put him down for a nap at 1:40 and he didn't wake up again until 5:30...  I would SO love a 4 hour nap!!!  But it messed with him enough that he was ready for bed and weepy earlier than usual in the evening.  He didn't go to bed at that time, but used the extra time to brush his teeth twice because he used the wrong toothpaste the first time.  Then with a potty break three times.   COME ON KID!!!  We have a Bible story and are we EVER going to get through Sleeping Beauty??  There is a DRAGON coming up soon!!!

You've got to pick your battles and if it's with a kid with a bad cold, don't even go there...

Have a great weekend!  See you in the funny pages!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to have pets!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Poor little Leon, our Nora (Munchkin) is on antibiotics again, third time since January. Not fun when you are young and sick.

Michelle said...

Hope Leon feels better soon. I hear you about cars. With ours, a farm truck and a son's vehicle, things get a little over crowded. And, I didn't even mention the tractor....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails