Friday, April 3, 2015

I want a chili dog.

And today is when we play one of my favorites scenes from the classic movie, Zoolander. 
RE-Entitled, "I want a chili dog!"


Now your Good Friday is a great Friday!  Looking forward to Tenebrae service tonight at church and then all the kids are going to scatter to their friends houses and I might get a chance to get to bed early.

Tomorrow we're going to try coloring Easter eggs with silk pieces and with lace bits.  I'll show my fails (Nailed it) on Monday.  We'll probably get mixed up on which eggs are which and end up hiding a few raw eggs...  Wouldn't THAT be a surprise? 

I also need to do a little shopping and pick up some Easter candy.  I think the only candy we have in the house right now are a couple Cadbury eggs that I hid a couple weeks ago and Maddy just discovered... 
I must go re-hide them in my desk...

I happened upon the leftover leeks from St. Patrick's Day in the garage fridge and mentioned them to Robb.  It takes so long for those to spoil, so they're still good.  He got them all prepared this morning and we have Leek Soup in the crock pot for supper.  

To be followed after church with a chili dog chaser of course!

Have a wonderful Easter Weekend!

6 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Happy Easter to you all. Leek soup sounds so good.

Sonya Ann said...

I have a lot of Pinterest fails. They are to funny. Some of the ones that they post are screaming funny.
Have a wonderful weekend and I hope that the bunny is good to all of you. It seems odd that I don't have to do anything for it. Hmmmm, maybe I should make a basket for the cat or something. Nope, not that bored.

Jane said...

LOVE Zoolander - I hear they are coming out with Zoolander 2!! I can only blame myself for running out of Easter candy, must remember to buy just minutes prior to needing it!!

Southern Gal said...

Pinterest fails are inevitable. Sometimes I wonder how in the world anyone even thought to try some of the ideas.

I have one chocolate bunny, three small bags of Cadbury mini-eggs, and two Reese's peanut butter eggs. That's it. Everyone will have to share if they are looking for candy from me. ;)

Michelle said...

I'll admit that I have had a couple of Cadbury Eggs....they are my all time favorite holiday candy. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Easter!

Larri said...

I love your tradition of Chili Dogs on Good Friday. Hope they were delish!

On Sunday, a chocolate bunny for each kid will be on the breakfast table. I'm still debating about dying eggs this year. Life is a bit swamped with my 'it will only take 2 weeks' bathroom remodel. That was back at Thanksgiving! Sigh. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails