Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sneezy math

Whew!  We ALL made it to April 2nd!!!  Did anyone get fooled good?!  The most I got pranked was a text from my daughter at 2:48am, but it turned out to be true.  So that doesn't count I guess...  

I WISH it had been a prank... :)
Nothing serious, don't worry!

But Maddy and her roommate Leah arrived last night around supper time.  Leon left just before they got here and his presence was missed.  But we had a good time visiting with the kids and talking over pizza and impromptu hair combing. 

I had a work meeting at 9pm and it lasted over an hour...  yuck.  Stupid time zones.  Came back into the house and lounged on the couches with the kids and talked for even longer.  

Got my pitcher of iced tea by my side today and ready to take on anything!!!  
Just not a bunch or anything hard, ok?

The girls are still sleeping on the couches as I type.  I will wake them up soon, as they need to go pick up Meri, who is coming home early because she doesn't feel good.  Can you believe she thought she could hang on until AFTER Algebra??  I mean, I did LOVE Algebra in high school, but if I wasn't feeling good, I wouldn't want to exacerbate my headache with Algebra problems...

Enjoy your Maundy Thursday!  Or as the kids call it, (Monday Thursday).  Meri, Maddy and I are doing a trio solo for one of the verses of a hymn at church tonight, then the rest of the choir will join in with us for the other verses.  We'll load up on decongestants and cough drops before we do... 

Wish me luck!  and a kleenex.

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

What's the hymn?

I didn't prank or get pranked. I visited with my grandbabies at their house!! Ethan stayed up all night long at a youth lock-in. We let him sleep three hours, but now he has to buck up and stay awake until tonight! Night shift is hard.

Gill - That British Woman said...

good luck for tonight. Hope it passes quickly the latest illness.

Jane said...

I love how you always have to add that dose of reality like "decongestants and cough drops" to the trio solo. Life is never perfectly smooth and ordered is it?
No pranks here thankfully. Waking up to a fresh layer of snow was NO JOKE!!

Michelle said...

Have a wonderful Easter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails