Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Planning trips

Meri got a letter in the mail which she hasn't read yet about a music camp that she can attend at the same college that Robb will be attending a church convention in June.  That would be so cool!  
I'll make sure she sees it tonight.

We've signed her up to go to Florida on a Science trip with her school in 2017.  Long ways off I know, but they needed to know who was interested.  We had been to almost all the same attractions before with the kids, but Meri wasn't born yet.  We visited Gatorland, MGM studios, Cocoa Beach and few other places.  

Got to hold an alligator... :)  
I live dangerously!

A wedding in June for a nephew.  Another for a niece in August, but that one is close by. 

For me, work wise, this summer will be incredibly busy.  But I managed to finagle a few days off here or there.  We'll head out and spend a few days in Colorado to see Maddy sometime in July.  

I enjoy travel programs, especially if they're traveling in Ireland.  I just love it there...  


But lately I've gotten into a new show on Netflix called An Idiot Abroad.  They MAY have been inspired by our family vacations...

There is a lot of language and some questionable nervous looking away bits in the India episode, but for the most part, it's kind of neat!  To see a normal (idiot) guy experiencing different cultures and seeing the great wonders of the world from his own perspective.  If I were him, I'd be incredibly embarrassed to keep getting called "the idiot friend" of Ricky Gervais...  and probably quit the show.

Here is what I've taken away from the show so far...


Riding camels - do NOT want to do.
Sleeping in cave in Petra - okey dokey.
Israel - I still want to go!  I just won't do the things that Ricky thought was funny to submit Karl to.
India - Maybe.... 
China - The Great Wall looks fantastic and I'd love to check it out.  And not just in the Lara Kroft games.
Mexico - not sure I want to see where the Mayans beheaded people...  I think I can skip that part.  But the rest looked interesting.  I don't want to be a pro wrestler tho.  And in case Karl reads this, he really needed to ask for the Frijoles saltarines rather than just Mexican Jumping Beans.  It's like going to Canada and asking for Canadian bacon.  huh??  It's just bacon here...  and not what you're expecting.

Anyway, we're planners.  If we're going to go somewhere, we google as much about the place as possible and plan out how we'll spend our day.  You might actually get bored with the trip before you even go!

But it depends where you go...

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Hey!, what about the trip to come east and see me?

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love that programme and laugh so hard, he has a typical British dry humour!

Michelle said...

I have been thinking about watching that show, so you have now convinced me!

Jane said...

Is that on Canadian netflix I wonder? Sounds hilarious. I love planning trips - I wish i could afford to do it all year long!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails