Thursday, April 30, 2015

Rapid Meander

This week has been a mad house at work.  So busy that my boss even apologized to me yesterday!  I wasn't even complaining... to him I mean...  I've been told that next week is going to be a "stop and gather our thoughts" kind of week.  Whew!  I needed that!  My work to do list does too.

I got my 1.5 bi monthly hair cut last night and had a great time talking sewing prom dresses with another woman who was getting some hi-lites done.  As soon as I asked if she'd heard of ASG, she said that the last time we were both in the shop together, I'd mentioned it.  I guess I'm a broken record!  I didn't even remember her from the last time...  It must have been more than a year ago.  I didn't remember what I had for breakfast yesteday... 

I'm getting old.

Meri has been creating a garage band type music on her computer.  If she ever posts it anywhere where I can share it, I will.  It's VERY creative and cool.  If I wore sunglasses and clicked my fingers, I would look real hip listening to it.

Robb and I re-installed the dvd player in my mini-van, thinking that maybe it just needed a cleaning dvd in it.  Well, after being un-installed and re-installed, the little screen wouldn't even come on.  I'm thinking something happened to it whilst in the house...  I'm not surprised I guess.  There's a 3 year old in there that doesn't realize the impact of dropping or throwing things.  And doesn't realize what the tiny wires do on a contraption sitting on the counter for 10 minutes but is willing to try and figure it out.

Who knows what happened to it besides Leon?


Robb had purchased a new car dvd player, but the wires don't match up to the existing ones and the instructions pretty much just said "Good Luck".  Oh well.  We'll get it figured out or hire someone who might have better knowledge of such things.

Meri is enjoying driver's ed.  She gets to actually drive for a teacher tomorrow night!  She drives for me a lot of the time already.  I feel either 95 years old or that I'm being chauffeured.  I'll pretend she's a chauffeur.

Got to run.  Lots to do.  And I'm so pleasantly surprised to discover it's already Thursday!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Good that you will get a little break at work.... ;-) You definitely have quite a busy schedule! Good luck with the player... that is a bummer. Be sure to rest and relax and put your feet up today too ;-)

Blessings,
Jill

Jane said...

Have you tried putting your dvd player on a bed of rice? Apparently that works when you dip things (like Kazi's laptop) in water!!! Her laptop has been laying on rice on a cookie sheet for two weeks. I think it's time to take it to an expert.

Frances said...

Love pretending to have a chauffeur. Let her get LOTS of practice. One of ours did not get enough practice before going out on her own and it cost a car its life. (No humans were injured.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails