Monday, July 27, 2015

Don't fence me in!

It's been a 4H/fair kind of weekend.  

I don't remember what I did on Friday night...  I think I sewed.  That's kind of a blur.  I believe I sewed on the dress #1, the fitted dress.

On Saturday afternoon, I sewed my little heart out.  I HAD to get both dresses done.  I didn't, but I made some great progress. 

Long about 5, I found that I'd used the longer zipper for dress #1 and only had a shorter 12 incher to use on the outer sheer dress.  Oops... That didn't even reach the waist...  So I sprinted to JoAnns and thought I was out of luck until I thought to look behind the white 12-14 inch zippers and found one lone 20 inch zipper hidden behind. WOOHOO!  Got disappointed at the cell store, then headed to the county fair grounds.  

Our 4H leaders are retiring this year so the entire club got together for a surprised party on one of the fair lawns.  While waiting there, I got a call from Robb.  I had forgotten to close the gate after Meri mowed the back yard and the dogs were loose around town.  He rounded them up.  oops...

For the surprise party, I was appointed to give the speech.  I had nothing planned so I winged it.  Not sure if she was touched by it or just disgusted by my effort, but she cried.


Meri had to work but Robb brought her down just as the party was breaking up.  So she and I walked around to check out the projects and I bought her some fair food for supper.  Cheesy Fries?  Yes Please!  The diet can wait until tomorrow!

The purple ribbon hopeful photos of Meri's didn't make it to the state fair, but oh well.  She's planning on hanging all of them on her bedroom wall.


On the way out of town, I thought about maybe cutting through the cemetery.  NOT a shortcut!  In fact, we got a little lost trying to find our way out!  There were fences everywhere but where we were trying to get out. 

But the sun was going down and Meri said, GIVE ME THE CAMERA AND STOP THE CAR!


She took a bunch of photos in prep for NEXT years 4H fair!



She took some more when we got closer to home.  The sunset that night was super!


When we got home, I started toward the gate to make sure it was closed securely.  Those dogs have dug holes under it and it takes a special touch to make sure they don't get out every time we put them out.  Meri came with.  We were startled by something that hopped past us and into the garage door.  It was a toad.

Pardon me... just a clip from one of our favorite movies that we quote ALL the time....




Well, Meri used to have toads as pets.  Every stinking one of them was named, Hopalong Cassidy Cookie Checkers.  This one was the 4th.  She didn't really want to keep him this time, but put him in a carrying case to make DAD think she had a new pet.  He was not impressed...


Oh yeah, and we fixed the fence.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like Meri snapped some great photos for next year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails