Friday, July 24, 2015

Practical-ly Early!

I won top ribbon yesterday!!!  For being the mom who doesn't pay attention to County Fair deadlines and assumes they'll ALWAYS be on a Thursday..  I was almost all set to take Meri's projects down to the fair but needed to know how long I had, so I looked it up.  Found out that judging stopped at noon...  

I called to the fair grounds and talked with someone to see if there were exceptions.  Well, no.  The judging actually stopped at noon on Wednesday...  seriously...?  AGGGHHHNNNNNNGGGHHH

So none of the four projects I showed you yesterday were submitted.  And none of them can be touched until next year when she can attempt to show them again.

I guess we're ahead for next year!

Last night, Meri had some friends over for a party.  One of her besties was in Czech for a couple weeks and just got back.  So the bestie's boyfriend and Meri cooked up a welcome home party for her.  They both came with me to pick up Sierra and the boyfriend hid in the back and just about gave her a heart attack.  But she was thrilled and they had a blast.  

Meri also surprised her with Chinese food from the HyVee deli that I'd bought the night before.  Sierra's favorite.  So while those three were out for a walk, I baked the food to reheat it and trust me...  the microwave is NOT for reheating Chinese food.  It'll make it rubbery.  So I heated it all except the rice in the oven.


I put out a combo of fancy and regular dishes and they had a feast when they got back.  The boyfriend stayed until ten when Robb took him home.  Ahh young love...  Too bad they can't drive themselves!

That's probably why my folks made all of my siblings and I wait until we were 16 to date...  
They were just being practical! :)

3 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Oh, no! I hate that. I think we might be headed to our fair deadlines. I need to check. Now I'm going back to look at your entries for next year. ;)

slugmama said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Meri is in high school now so let her take more responsibility for making sure she knows when the deadlines are for her projects.
Your a great mom......too busy but great. ;-)

Jane said...

Oh crap! But on the bright side you are super prepared for next year...maybe! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails