Monday, August 31, 2015

Third wedding of August!

 It was a beautiful wedding on Saturday!  


My nephew got married to his beautiful girl and had a fairy tale day.


Niece, nephews were the music.  Three of them siblings of the groom.  Talent galore in that family!


Not to mention baby making talents  in my side of the family in general!  Here is a great niece with Leon checking her out.  


Meri got her baby fix with Annika too!


The grooms father, my brother-in-law, performed the ceremony.  So far he's married all his kids.  
Only 10 more to go!


Part of my group!  Robb didn't want to look like the disapproving father in this one, so instead he put on a BIG smile!  *a.little.creepy...*  *let's go back to brooding...*


And then the ceremony!  There was a little thunder just before the bride walked out and everyone was worried about rain.  But despite a nephew-in-law behind me naughtily whspering "Was that a rain drop I just felt?", there was none.


And then they were married!


And the kids took off to play on the golf course.  


Leon made a best friend of his 2nd cousin.  It was iffy at first!  WHEW!

 

I played hide and seek with the younger boys after a while and they had a blast hiding under the trees.  

I'll find you because I can hear you giggling...

 THEN PARTAY!!!  
The best man's speech was fabulous and I taped it with my camera.  However I didn't realize that I'd had all sounds turned off on my camera and all I have is a silent movie.  REALLY??!!!!  Well, it was a good one.  Much better than the groom gave for his best man's best man speech a few years ago!  And we heard a side of Adam that I hadn't heard before.    Do you have any idea how many doors he's broken down??!  


A new twist to getting the bride and groom to kiss!  
When people started banging their silverware on the glasses, the bride and groom got to pick a couple at random from the guests to demonstrate THEIR best kiss for the new couple.  Then Adam and Alex had to try and mimic it.  Some got downright crazy.  Robb and I discussed it, just in case we were one of the chosen.  We would have chosen this one at 1:31 of the trailer of the movie Top Secret.


The kids in this family have regular dance parties in their kitchen so it was great to see them all dancing and having fun.  I took a video of it... but you know...


Then my sister, Ruth Ann, told me to put down the camera and dance and I obeyed for a while.  BOOGIE...
I got to smother a great niece with some attention that night too!


A bit of my crew again hiding out in a corner eating candy from the candy bar.


Norah showing us her moves on the dance floor!  I took a video of it and the groom/mother dance...


Leon getting squirrelly with Meri.  He was getting exhausted and the sugar rush was about to burst at this point.


We missed one sister that attended the wedding in this shot and four other siblings who had better things to do than come to the wedding.  Ok ok... I'll give them the benefit of a doubt!  Burning Man tickets CAN be expensive!

But they missed out on a fun wedding!
  

On Sunday after having breakfast with my folks at the hotel, everyone went their separate ways.

Now back to work...  dang.

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

The wedding photos are great! I'm glad you put the camera down and boogied for a while. Tell me how many children are in that family! I love huge families.

Southern Gal said...

The wedding photos are great! I'm glad you put the camera down and boogied for a while. Tell me how many children are in that family! I love huge families.

Jane said...

Love the colour scheme and looks like everyone had a blast!

Michelle said...

You have the best family get togethers/weddings/etc....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails