Thursday, October 15, 2015

Cornucopia of Randomness

Happy Birthday to my big sister that I'm closest to in age and sense of humor.  
MUCH to my husband's chagrin. :)  


Today Ruth Ann is XX.  She's in red and I'm the baby, but not for long.  There are 2+ children after me a few years later.

Maddy got home last night for a fall break from college!!!!  YAY!  I've got so much planned and she brought so much homework with her.  She can work on that while I'm working today and tomorrow and I'll fill up her time when I'm off work!  Unless she needs a break. 

The bride came by for a refitting on the dress Tuesday night and she's pleased with the changes. YAY again!  The rose did need another 24 hours soaking in Oxy Clean equivalent and we threw in her aunts veil too that she's going to use.  It had been several years and looked dirty next to the dress.  By late yesterday it looked pretty good!  I rinsed both items and put them out to dry.  Several tiny gems fell off the veil into the bathtub. WHOOPS!  

I saved them and then after ironing the veil this morning, glued them back on.  It's resting on my bed.  Hopefully the glue will be dry when her mom comes to pick it up this afternoon...

Our sewing guild has their special event not this weekend, but next.  I'm in charge of decorating 3 of the tables.  I'm thinking this...


I envision bunches of spools of thread and lace billowing out of them...  What  do you think?

I'll try it out on Sunday I think...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Is that you with the halo? :) LOVE the name Ruth. My daughter's middle name :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails