Thursday, October 1, 2015

Parades and Salem

And here I am reporting on LAST weekend...  This week has cruised right by and I'm SO far behind on so much...  Last weekend we attended a parade about an hour away to see Meri march with her high school band.

Leon discovered the bubbles game on my tablet and played with it the whole way there.  The charging cord was kind of small, so one time he actually threw it from his lap and it swung in the air because we had it charging from the dvd player.  If it hadn't been, it could have been damaged...  
WHEW!  Saved by the short cord!

 

He then spent the rest of the trip there sitting quietly.  By that I mean, talking and/or sulking because he couldn't play the bubble game.

Robb and his mom sat at the corner with their chairs but it was too crowded for Leon to get a spot at a curb, so he and I moved up the block a little ways and found a spot just the right size for his butt.


He had a blast and picked up whatever candy was thrown his way.  He was very generous with the kids around him that didn't get as much because they were too shy to run out and grab it.


He even got pretty good at grabbing the paraders attention by yelling to them.  GIVE ME CANDY!  I WANT CANDY!  



Because we don't let him yell that sort of thing at home.


Meri's band was parade entry # 3,652 so it took a while for them to get to us.  Actually 123, but it seemed like it was over 3000 parade entries.  I loved their performance and got a smile out of Meri!

That night, Meri said she needed supplies for a school project due Wednesday.  Luckily she told me this at 7pm and we were able to make it to Hobby Lobby before they closed.  NO ONE else in the nearby town had the foam heads, so I'm so glad we went there first!  And I know this because we visited every other craft & department store looking for the rest of the supplies that evening too.  

Her project is based on a book they're reading called The Crucible.  I've never read it nor seen the movie.

On Monday at 5:30pm, I was just getting off of work, when Meri found me.  She said that she needed the bonnet that I'd promised to sew for her for TUESDAY, not Wednesday as she'd originally thought.  REALLY???!!!...  I had a sewing meeting that I needed to leave by 6:30 for and on top of that, I didn't know what kind of bonnet she needed.  Ryan attempted to help by saying, "You know!  The kind they used for the Salem witch trials!" 

As if I'm so old, I should remember what we wore...

I may be old, but I know how to use Google!  So I googled it and made a replica in about 30 minutes.

Had just enough time to eat something before I headed out the door.


She owes me...  

BIG.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Girllll......we might be old, but we know how to use Google! lol!!!! Glad you finished the bonnet on time!

Southern Gal said...

He knows how to get what he wants. Be cute and yell!! ;)

Good job on the bonnet.

Sonya Ann said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!!!!!! And cute.
I'm starting to be more like you and run around non-stop. Is it contagious? I'm really starting to think about quitting bloggin just so that I can get more done. How crazy is that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails