Friday, February 12, 2016

Loving the Jazz Hands

Ah... Valentine's Day weekend!!!  When Love is in the air!  

and the smell of mold as I discovered a few pieces of forgotten homemade bread this morning that had bit the dust.

I got roses and chocolates yesterday in the mail!!!  


Robb had sent them and Leon discovered that he doesn't like dark chocolate which is perfectly fine with me!  

KEEP YOUR MITTS OFF THEM!  

I've got the roses in my office during the day and in the house so I can enjoy them all the time.  Beautiful...  It used to be I got a dozen roses whenever a kid was born.  So when they started looking droopy, I'd tie the stems together and hang them upside down on the wall to dry.  Then leave them there with a ribbon tied to them as mementos.  I've still got a couple up.  

I wonder which kid's got knocked off when I moved the fabritainment center...  That might explain things...

Robb, Leon and I attended Meri's high school band, vocal and jazz concert last night.  It's the biggie that always lasts about 2 hours.  Yikes!  And Leon has school today!!!  

But he ate his supper of KFC popcorn chicken during the concert. SSH!  And played games on his tablet until the battery died.  ONLY then did he enjoy the concert.  


Although he did point out Meri a few times earlier.  Oh yeah, there she is!

 

These kids are so talented!  The whole thing was great!  I recorded as much as I could until the battery on my phone started flashing red.  Then Robb recorded the rest on his phone.


 It's a wonder why so many people leave between the vocal part and the jazz band.  Don't they know that's the most exciting part?


I get to hear them perform again on Saturday and Monday. WOOHOO!  I'll have those songs memorized before the end of the year.  One of them I already know as Maddy played it when she was in hs jazz band.


 This is what happens when the batteries die and Leon is tired of you playing jazz piano on his back.


But I love it!  And since today's theme is love, it's pretty appropriate...  :)  

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

She plays sax! You have such multi-talented children!

SAM said...

I have always been amazed at the talent that exists in middle and high schools. Fabulous entertainment for the price of $4-$6 depending on the concert. Show choir tends to be a bit higher, but they literally take over the whole school and you can get an entire day of entertainment if you are not a chaperone.

We had the Orchestra band concert on Monday. Last night was the Minnesota Honors Choir concert-yeah daughter was selected again, and tomorrow is another full day of show choir. I think it would be too much music for a little one, but I think Leon would have loved the percussion ensemble the other night. At the end, a little guy yelled. "Do that one again."

Jane said...

Wow, Meri's hair is getting so LONG! Your kids do seem to have a lot of talents! I wonder what Leon's will be? He did well lasting that long.

Michelle said...

Leon seems like a pro at making it through these kind of events!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails