Monday, March 14, 2016

Blubbering Weekend

Another eventful weekend but moments that I got a little anxious with "what should I do with my time??!!!"  I felt like I was forgetting something important.  Probably a meeting somewhere...
A nap was just not practical.


On Friday night, while Leon flew his kite indoors, I made pizza and then worked on my sewing machines trying to find a foot that my sewing friends might find interesting.  I found a ruffling foot but it only works if you make the ruffles six stitches apart.  If you make it ruffle the whole way, it's a horrible mess behind the scenes and falls apart when you take it off the machine.  I may have to disappoint Sheri and not present.

Then spent the rest of the evening hiding out from my family in my room and watching some murders in Midsommer.  I'm amazed there's anyone left alive in that country!

Whatever you do, DON'T sign up to ring bells at the church...

Saturday morning, we got up early and went to watch Meri sing a Phantom of the Opera song, in the State competition.  She was so nervous before hand but she talked Leon into cuddling with her and that seemed to cheer her up.


He was being a complete and utter booger and only allowed her all of three minutes cuddle time.  Then hid behind Grandpa's legs.


 On the way home though, he was hilarious and made Meri sing with her nose plugged.


Also on the way home, we told Meri about a song that we saw another girl sing and we thought it would be a great song for her to do next year.  She found it on Youtube and played it on the car speakers.  It's actually a song by Sara Bareilles.  Man... Sara nailed it and as a mother, I cried.  a lot...  Have some kleenex handy when you watch this...


So Meri was inspired and found another song for me to cry over too.  Why do people think it's grand to see their mom a blubbering mess??!!


We made her switch to more cheerful tunes for the rest of the trip.

She might sing this one next year too.


Meri had to go to work as soon as we got back and I spent the rest of the day butchering a yard and a half of fabric, thinking I knew what I was doing.  More on that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Sweet post! Where's the video of Meri singing? ;-)

Blessings,
jill

Southern Gal said...

I was looking for the Meri video, too. ;) I've never heard the first song. Beautiful.

Michelle said...

That first song is beautiful!

Sonya Ann said...

Your family is adorable and talented!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails