Thursday, March 10, 2016

Reflections of Caffeine

I got so caught up in something I almost forgot to post today!  Plus I have a bad cold.  It's somewhat better today, but the orange cough stuff I took last night makes me feel a little weird this morning.  I probably swigged too much.

Measure??  Me???

I probably should have...  Oh well.  I'm alive.  I did sleep well though.

There are a lot out of out of the office things I need to do today, so long lunch here, long break there...  With any luck, one of the events will cut those types of errands in half!  
As in, another driver in the house! woohoo!

Our Keurig all but died yesterday.  What does that mean?  It danced a jig?  It read me a book?  
No.  It died.  

Ryan was very put out.  He NEEDED his coffee!  So badly that he was straining coffee through a filter directly into a cup with his hands..  I found him a funnel to put it in and looked for one of our old vintage coffee makers.  Found it, but a significant piece was missing.  

He'd have to hold the filter again...  Not good.

So I advertised that I was ISO (in search of) a coffee maker on a local FB swap page.  One of the local high school teachers had one and since Meri couldn't get it at the school yesterday, the teacher said she'd leave it on her front stoop last night. Yay!  

However I didn't get the message until almost 9pm.  It was dark and I'm sure she didn't want me knocking on her door.  But I drove over anyway.  It wasn't too far from home.  

The coffee maker was sitting on the front step so I took it and backed down her long drive way.

I need to make that woman some cookies!

Suddenly I heard a crunching scratching sound.  I pulled forward.  The sound followed me and I saw a cloud of smoke or dust next to the car.  

uh oh.

I got out and checked under the car and felt something wrapped around something near the back tire.  GREAT...  I had taken out one of her reflectors that she had lining her driveway...  


I didn't see any of her curtains move, so I'm guessing she didn't see me.  So I backed out into the street.  SCREEEEEEECH.....   and then headed home.

SCRAAAAAAAAAATCH.
the.whole.way.home.

Thankfully it was dark and no one was outside.  We live on a street where, if it's light out, is akin to a parade route.  Wave to the left, wave to the right, one finger wave off your steering wheel to the folks whose kid chased your scared to death kid home on his bike that one time in middle school, wave to the folks around the firepit in their driveway.  

Like I said.  A parade route.

Ah...  no one saw me.  But I'm sure they heard me.  

Robb took the car this morning and had to unwrap the thing from the tire.  I found it on the yard this morning where he must have thrown it in disgust.  

Pretty twisted...  The reflector, not him!

But now I know what kind to buy to replace it.  She need NEVER know!!!!

I'll make her even more cookies 
and frost them.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Your life is one adventure after another lol! I would have handled the reflector the same way - she need never know!

SAM said...

That was a good story! I'm with Ryan and have done the same. Need coffee!

Michelle said...

I am with Ryan! I NEED my morning java! Running over the reflector sounds just like something I would do! Kindred spirits!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails