Thursday, May 5, 2016

Cinco de Cuatro schooling

Did anyone ever watch Arrested Development?  We loved that show and quote from it all the time, when we're not quoting Princess Bride, Star Wars, any John Cusack movie or Stripes.


various quotes besides the "There's always money in the banana stand."

Maebe: Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold T-shaped pendants?
Michael: That's a cross.
Maebe: Across from where?

Lucille: You tricked me.
Michael: I *deceived* you. "Tricked" makes it sound like we have a playful relationship.

"That's all I've ever wanted from you, Daddy- for you to spend money on me."

"There's more to life than strippers and booze and buckets of blood. Why do you guys have buckets of blood?"

But anyway...  the well-to-do family was angry about their housekeeper always wanting to take off work on Cinco de Mayo every year, so they decided to combat that holiday by making their own a day before.  They invented Cinco de Cuatro, which unbeknownst to them really means 5 of the 4th.  They were kind of stupid...  They would buy up ALL the Mexican decor that they could find in an attempt to kill Cinco de Mayo.


According to the article about it...  

“Over 30 years, however, it grew, and was soon embraced by the Hispanic community, for financial reasons,” the narrator (Ron Howard) explains.


So apparently you can buy your taco pizza or Taco John's tacos on either day and still be ok.  However I did get chewed out by the pizza guy at Casey's one year for telling him that's why I was ordering the taco pizza.  Let's just say "he schooled me on history"...  
And cured me of taco pizza for at least a week.

Just don't tell why you're buying that particular food.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I didn't watch Arrested Development, but think I may need to binge watch this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails