Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Taggy Time

I was nominated to participate in a text tag by dear Jill at blessingsofastayathomemom.  Thanks!!!  They have just moved to another state and are settling into their gorgeous new home and land.  So make sure you get over there and tell her hello and good luck with the unpacking!  Although I think she's about done.  

I still have boxes to unpack and I've lived here 18+ years...?

The rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you/give a link back to their blog
- Answer the original 6 text-themed questions
- Add a typography/word related question of your own for those you tagged to answer
- Tag at least 6 bloggers and let them know
- Include these rules in your post

 - The Questions -

1. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
I say "Q" because as kids when we played the Alphabet game in the car, the Q or the J were the hardest to find on road signs or license plates.  They seemed pretty special and rare.
Ok, I've changed my mind to J.

2. What are three words that you love?
Grandmom (because duh... I love it when Leon says that.)
Actually (because I tend to use that a lot and it was cute when my kids used that when they were 2.)
Sew (because you can use it as SO or SEW or SEEEEEEEWWWWW)  It's pretty versatile and I love to sew.  
Sew there.

3. What are three words that you hate?
Bigot (because that is thrown around a lot as if the person(s) know what it means and they don't)
Seen (because it's used wrong by some people I know)
Moist (I don't really hate it, but it seems to offend people so here it is.

4. If you were to create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?
I HAVE actually created my own word... So here it is.
Fabritainment center.  It's when you repurpose an old entertainment center to house all your fabric.  
Well, not ALL my fabric, because.... COME ON!!!!  Who are WE kidding?

5. What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
!   Because things can be exciting!
...   Because it's how I talk...  There is a pause for effect...
.  Because that's the end of a sentence.  I tend to use this one the most.

6. What are your three favorite fonts?






Ransom Note font is fun too.  It's so much easier than doing a cut and paste by hand for a letter that you happen to be writing for no apparent reason.  shut up.

And then Times is always good because it's just standard and you can read it easily...


Jill's question to me: what does writing mean to you??

It is a way to document the events in my life, mainly for myself and my family. It's a great way for my husband to go back through the year and summarize the funny things that happen in our lives, when he's writing the end of the year Christmas letter.  It helps me stay close to my kids even when they're far away.  It's also a great way to meet my "imaginary" friends.

My Question for the bloggers I have tagged is 
What is your favorite way to spend your free time?

I am tagging:

If I haven't tagged you, feel free to do the questionnaire anyway!  If I have tagged you and you're thinking, "That idiot!!  When will I find time for THIS?!"  Then for heavens sake, DON'T DO IT!!!

I won't hold it against you at all.
Thanks all for being my imaginary bloggy friends.

Have a great Wednesday!
McVal

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails