Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Coming to all my senses

My camera is back in my hot little hands!!!!

And here is a quick run through of my weekend in review from yesterday.

Saturday.  Sewing meeting where they went through the history of weddings in small town Iowa.


We also had a show and tell of the wedding gowns that a lot of women brought that they'd made.
 Mine is in the middle.


How some wedding dresses are reused from one generation to the next.


And then to the next!  Beautiful!


 It was so neat to see younger versions of these strong creative women!


 And hear the stories of how they built a wedding gown for themselves or a daughter.
Below - Ann told how her daughter's fiance said "NO CATS!" on her wedding gown, so Ann sneaked them in so only she and her daughter knew. ;)  It was adorable.


I'm sure he was envisioning Alice's wedding gown from Vicar of Dibley with a different Dr. Who photo on every panel...


 That afternoon.  When Leons attack.


Sunday, a former Sunday School student of mine was confirmed!


 Driving Mr Leon to his mom's on Sunday.


 What, wait?


And another shorter sewing meeting last night.  These tops intrigued me...  hmmm.


So anyway.  Yesterday was with words, today was with pictures.  

Tune in tomorrow when I'll be posting strictly in sound.
If I can figure that out.

2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Then by smell! Smellovision. Good for all your yummy recipes.

I love the three generations wearing the same dress. Classic. Lovely.

SAM said...

I love the generation gowns.Hah-the Doctor Who dress and Alice! Loved her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails