Tuesday, May 3, 2016

To Do List

You know you've been watching too many detective shows and not enough housework when you look around and comment, "Hmm... Looks like a burglary gone wrong and a struggle...  See where the sock has been callously thrown?"

I've got some housework to do.

BUT I did some sewing over the weekend and got a lot done on this with 80s music blaring in the background.  Were the only songs we played in the 80s hair music and hard rock?  There is only so much Wham, Madonna, AC/DC and Queen I can take.  

Maybe I'll switch to 70s music for my next sewing stint.


It has more done like a back now and side seams.  The only thing left is the hem, but I'm at a standstill with that.  It's a SMIDGE too short for a woman of my height *and age*...  There isn't a lot of fabric left either.  So I can either make a creative addition to the bottom and REALLY scream that I wish I was 16 or I could finish it up and see if it will fit Meri.  

I tried it on for Robb and Meri before I made that decision.
It is see through.
So obvs a slip or underdress is required.

I haven't had two minutes with Meri home and thinking of it at the same time to do that yet though.  

I've got some fitting to do.
Oh and that wedding dress...

We attended Meri's concert and jazz band concert last night.  LAST one of the year!  I'd be sobbing if she were a senior.  


We've gotten a few invites to parties so far.  Ok, one and we can't attend.  But there have been hints on Facebook of several more.  I'm SURE we'll get more formal invites eventually.  Or I'll just tag along with Meri to some.  She has been invited to a ton and has them all plotted out for the next month.

Meri has already BEEN to one last weekend for some girl who is VERY confident that she will be graduating.  If it were my kids, I would not dial the number to the caterer until we get the final grades.

I'm kidding...  That was only be for one of them.

Maddy comes home in less than two weeks!!  WOOHOO!  But only then for two weeks, then she's off again for the summer.

I've got some serious mothering to do!

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

We had our last band concert for the year last night. Ethan played a part in Mandjiani and did great! He'll be a high schooler next year for cryin' out loud!! The dress is lovely.

slugmama said...

Do you mean serious mothering or serious smothering? And at that age is there a difference?? lolz

Jill said...

I'd be lost without my to do list, lol. Hayley tagged me in a little questionaire so I'm tagging you :-) If interested in participating here is the link http://blessingsofastayathomemom.blogspot.com/2016/05/text-tag.html Thanks, have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill

Sonya Ann said...

Ahhh yes, it does look like a struggle when the kids are home. I have to leave Thursday to get DJ and then we will be living in a mess again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails