Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Mixed meat

The county fair beckoned on Saturday.  Leon and I walked past one building full of sheep and Leon said, "I smell the sheep."  yep...  You sure can.  But then he stopped and said, "I smell the cows!"

*gasp* "They've mixed the cows with the sheep!!"

Oh dear... 


Well, they hadn't, but that kid's nose was right on point.  The cows were just past the sheep in the next barn.  

We found Meri's photos and one of hers got a HUGE pink ribbon rosette that said that it's an alternate State Fair winner!  Meaning that if, for some unforeseen reason, one of the real winners accidentally got coffee spilled all over it and destroyed, then Meri's photo would go in it's place!  
So there's always hope! ;)


In the basement of that building, a woodworking group of senior citizens were making a large amount of tiny wooden puzzles and giving them away.  


Leon got one when he was with me and another later with his dad.  He is a master at putting them together now.  

Later as I was finishing his mixed sno-cone, we walked through a cow barn and he pulled me out the side door instead of walking all the way through.  "That place smelled HORRIBLE..."  

Man, what a picky nose!  I suppose he won't be a farmer after all.

This is the kid who thinks an AT-AT Star Wars lego toy is a robot cow.

He may know what they smell like, but he sure doesn't know what they look like...


So I let him climb all over the tractors like a mountain goat. 


His dad got off work 


and met up with us shortly after that


 so I left them to explore more as I had some errands to run.


I spent the afternoon and evening hemming the wedding dress.  AND it was hot out, so it was good to be inside.

Plus you can't smell sheep/cows if you're inside.  Most of the time anyway.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Perhaps he'll have a career as a wine sniffer later on!

SAM said...

Our fair starts in another week. I see old 4-H families, though my kids never were in it-such townie kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails